Coolest color guard effect

Old school, but the classic Rockford File (and all it's variations, especially the 27 incarnations) still kills it. I wish a corps would bring it back.

Edited by Sam98
  • Like 1

HM:

1. Bridgemen guard standing in a tight arc on the 50, tearing off their shawls and tossing them to the ground in front of them.

2. A couple of corps have done this in the last few years....

Drums and horns go silent while the whole guard snaps their silks around 180 degrees...love that sound.

The tops:

Phantom '05 - everything that Sage did from the silks to the costumes to the movement IMHO was the most complete guard routine I have ever seen put on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

A few stand out for me but I go way back.

I think the guard stuff during the Pines Of Rome Star show was pretty awesome.

There's also a few rifle sections that stand out - most notably Anaheim, SCV and of course The Blue Stars for their uniforms alone.

twirlingflags1966.jpg

But way before that there were the young women in St. Joseph Patron Cadets who ( I believe ) in 1966 were the first to actually twirl their flags as part of the show ...

That was pretty awesome for the time.

Old school, but the classic Rockford File (and all it's variations, especially the 27 incarnations) still kills it. I wish a corps would bring it back.

Yep Rockford File was legendary in those days and way cool.

HM:

1. Bridgemen guard standing in a tight arc on the 50, tearing off their shawls and tossing them to the ground in front of them.

You mean the '78 rifle line, pulling off that shapeless cover-up to reveal those Blues Clues Halloween costumes? Sorry, not one Hoffman's more inspired visual concepts,imo. To be honest, I'm wondering how Bobby talked those girls, at least a few of whom were hard-nosed Bayonne kids from the St. Andrew's era, into wearing those things.

Bridgemen had a great corps that year. But if you're talking capes as a high-impact guard effect, I'd have to go with Dutch Boy '88's opening statement. Definitely more wow factor than the teddy bear outfits. :cool:

Peace,

Fred O.

Edited by drumno5