Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

You are missing my point; this Shaun idea is backwards on reaching out to new fans for DCI. The DCI corps should be on stage at "his" concerts not Shaun performing at DCI Finals. The corps should be on stage with 311, Blue Man, Rascal Flatts, etc... just like drumlines have been doing with various artists. Good marketing does not ask new clients to come to an unknown company but the unknown company to go to the potential new clients! And I still maintain that 40-years old is a little late on learning how to crawl.

Well...

Didn't DCI in an article tout how much drum corps affiliated people had a hand in the Super Bowl half time show? Didn't cadets drumline record with Madonna? Are those affiliations bringing anything to DCI besides the onetime spot?

• Like 1

Well...

Didn't DCI in an article tout how much drum corps affiliated people had a hand in the Super Bowl half time show? Didn't cadets drumline record with Madonna? Are those affiliations bringing anything to DCI besides the onetime spot?

Nobody outside of DCI reading the article, and those who put the show together, knew it was done by DCI performers. Madonna does not promote DCI from the stage to her audience when a drumline performs. So how does anyone outside the little DCI circle know about DCI?

Well...

How about the 1996 Olympics??? You don't get much better exposure then to BILLIONS worldwide....how'd THAT work out for us?

How about the 1996 Olympics??? You don't get much better exposure then to BILLIONS worldwide....how'd THAT work out for us?

I dunno, I think it worked out quite well.

It made me more interested to find out what this "Olympics" thing was all about...

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I think it worked out quite well.

It made me more interested to find out what this "Olympics" thing was all about...

Bingo! It was actually a DCI corps promoting the Olympics not the other way around!!!! I never heard anything from the TV announcers saying to the world-wide audience, "Hey everybody, check out the DCI corps, and please go see them at DCI Finals." Nobody watching the Olympics outside of DCI folks ever noticed that it was a DCI corps!!!

• Like 1

Stu,

I'm not specifically singling anyone out in what I said.

It's the internet, I don't have a need to filter anything through anyone. If I had an issue that was specific to you, I'd PM you.

I was commenting to Jeff about all of the armchair quarterbacking that goes on here when we know nothing about how anything is setup or what the plan was...

What did you write again?

that he felt you slammed him indirectly

:tongue:

• Like 1

Bingo! It was actually a DCI corps promoting the Olympics not the other way around!!!! I never heard anything from the TV announcers saying to the world-wide audience, "Hey everybody, check out the DCI corps, and please go see them at DCI Finals." Nobody watching the Olympics outside of DCI folks ever noticed that it was a DCI corps!!!

right, because you know the Olympics is such a great philanthropic event that loves to give out plugs for free

:rolleyes:

YOuw ant everything yesterday. We get that. But you won't get that. No one that wants everything yesterday will get what they want. I'd rather DCI start like this, and let it build. Otherwise, if you try and force it, odds are it blows up in your face. Given that DCI is there to funnel money back to the corps, would you rather see them blow it, or start like they are and let it grow organically in a win-win situation?

• Like 1