Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

So, from the picture earlier in this thread, Shaun Canon must be a former American Idol contestant? Do people still watch American Idol? I didn't even know it was still on. Guess I'm out of it.

He made it to Hollywood but didn't advance past that. And (amazing enough) Idol still gets a good TV audience.

But he wasn't advertised as the main event. The wording is, "Shaun Canon performs as the main featured guest." It doesn't say that he's the main feature. Of all the guests who will be there, he's the main one.

Boo, really? You of all people should know the intent of advertising. I mean not many non-drum corps people are going to read that closely into the symantecs; and the ad publicist meant it to be that way. Most of the people reading the ad will just take in the words "Main Featured", and the word 'guest', which people will understand as performer, was plugged in at the tail-end to bat away any legal issues. So, the purposeful intent from the Shaun PR release was to 100% "imply" that he will be the featured performer, and no fixation on the dictionary definition of the word "guest" will change that purposeful implication issue.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

But he wasn't advertised as the main event. The wording is, "Shaun Canon performs as the main featured guest." It doesn't say that he's the main feature. Of all the guests who will be there, he's the main one. So, if Kim Kardashian shows up with whomever she's dating by then, she's going to be upstaged by more than just the twelve best drum corps in the known universe.

And in case anyone missed it, this has been public on DCI.org for over two weeks.

<sarcasm>

Oh Mikey, no one ever goes to DCI.org for anything anymore unless you point it out here... rolleyes.gif

</sarcasm>

<sarcasm>

Oh Mikey, no one ever goes to DCI.org for anything anymore unless you point it out here... rolleyes.gif

</sarcasm>

Well, I had to do just that when I Googled his name and saw the link to DCI.org, because (and I'm being totally honest here) I don't remember seeing the release myself. I was just pointing out that it's been public for over two weeks. Guess I should visit DCI.org more often. :tongue:

• Like 1

Boo, really? You of all people should know the intent of advertising. I mean not many non-drum corps people are going to read that closely into the symantecs; and the ad publicist meant it to be that way. Most of the people reading the ad will just take in the words "Main Featured", and the word 'guest', which people will understand as performer, was plugged in at the tail-end to bat away any legal issues. So, the purposeful intent from the Shaun PR release was to 100% "imply" that he will be the featured performer, and no fixation on the dictionary definition of the word "guest" will change that purposeful implication issue.

I personally don't read it that way, but I've also gone a couple days without sleep to get stuff done before I leave for China for two weeks. Right now if I heard on the news that a rogue Soviet ICBM was heading straight towards me, my first thought would be to find out what Shaun Canon is up to today, because I luvs me some Shaun Canon music and have been spamming the producers of "American Idol" with my suggestion that DCI corps be the featured guest performers at the next "Idol" finale.

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 2

Could you imagine having to sit next a American Idle boob talking all through every show?

I'd end up in jail. :thumbdown:

I have some bad news about your seat at Finals. :ph34r:

• Like 1

<sarcasm>

</sarcasm>

why is this sarcasm? the only place I go for drum corps news is DCP (and specifically, the WC forum). I just figure any important information from elsewhere will make its way here.

I do go to see the schedule at dci.org, occasionally. Or if I want to buy something. But that's it.

why is this sarcasm? the only place I go for drum corps news is DCP (and specifically, the WC forum). I just figure any important information from elsewhere will make its way here.

I do go to see the schedule at dci.org, occasionally. Or if I want to buy something. But that's it.

It seems that "everyone" now goes to Facebook or checks tweets for most information these days.

It's sarcasm because good information still does come from the authoritative source, dci.org.

Like you, I mostly go to our beloved DCP.