Shaun Canon to Perform at DCI Finals

It seems that "everyone" now goes to Facebook or checks tweets for most information these days...

A recent study of college students and young adults that I read from one of the business journals shows that most people under the age of 25 find regular websites and email both to be archaic. Theses people somewhat looked at mobile websites, and used Facebook in a general manner, but most all of their communication is now done through texting and tweeting.

Here is an interesting thought: Since the pre-shows during transitions are now "anything goes" what if each corps learned a pop chart and had Shaun perform during each of the pre-shows? Next year it could be the Dave Letterman Band! Then the next year it could be 311! Then the next year it could be...

A recent study of college students and young adults that I read from one of the business journals shows that most people under the age of 25 find regular websites and email both to be archaic. Theses people somewhat looked at mobile websites, and used Facebook in a general manner, but most all of their communication is now done through texting and tweeting.

Wow, I'm officially archaic! I HATE texting and refuse to pay for it on my cellphone plan! I use a GoogleVoice number when I MUST text, but that doesn't support short texts...

Tweeting is ok, I suppose...

WOW! tongue.gif

It seems that "everyone" now goes to Facebook or checks tweets for most information these days.

It's sarcasm because good information still does come from the authoritative source, dci.org.

Like you, I mostly go to our beloved DCP.

ah, well... I don't get much on facebook because I stopped following the G7 corps when they tried to use their number of facebook fans to kill DCI. I do use facebook a lot though.

I also follow all the corps I can find on twitter.

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

having him there is good. the wording...not so good. I agree...if you advertise him as the main event....whathappens when people who arent into drum corps or marching band are forced to sit through 12 corps until he comes on?

There is potential for mainstream publicity, which is good, and I am sure he himself will promote the drum corps. I just wonder if this release could do more damage than good

I think perhaps he may go on right at 7pm according to the release, but this is obviously undetermined at this point...I just wonder where the people that go to see him will be sitting...considering that tickets are already sold for finals...but then again they may not care about sitting near the 50. In this regard I have mixed feeling about it.

I think perhaps he may go on right at 7pm according to the release, but this is obviously undetermined at this point...I just wonder where the people that go to see him will be sitting...considering that tickets are already sold for finals...but then again they may not care about sitting near the 50. In this regard I have mixed feeling about it.

maybe they should face him to the end zone, then DCI can sell $75-100 end zone seats!

• Like 1

But he wasn't advertised as the main event. The wording is, "Shaun Canon performs as the main featured guest." It doesn't say that he's the main feature. Of all the guests who will be there, he's the main one. So, if Kim Kardashian shows up with whomever she's dating by then, she's going to be upstaged by more than just the twelve best drum corps in the known universe.

And in case anyone missed it, this has been public on DCI.org for over two weeks.

This DCI press release does not mention that he would be performing at finals...this release is all about his new video...just for the record. :smile:

• Like 1

maybe they should face him to the end zone, then DCI can sell $75-100 end zone seats!

:tongue:

It seems that "everyone" now goes to Facebook or checks tweets for most information these days.

It's sarcasm because good information still does come from the authoritative source, dci.org.

Like you, I mostly go to our beloved DCP.

I think the original thought behind this was that the general public (if you can call Idol fans that) wouldn't know to look on DCI.org for an event that seems to be advertised as a concert of his. It's ironic, I always assumed Idol fans had little knowledge of musicality and therefore resorted to liking the karaoke style of music they put on that show. We'll see what happens at Championships. Maybe DCI will be smart and make a Shaun section in the very back so they can leave after he sings, still having paid to get in, and not having to "sit through" 12 Drum Corps. :whistle:

This is good stuff!

Glad to finally see movement in this direction, bridge some gaps to potentially attract a bit of a cross-over audience that might never have checked out drum corps under other circumstances.

Don't know who the guy is (assuming American Idol? never seen it), but Lindsey is a nice girl, great role model for young girls.

• Like 2