Random thoughts from Renegades LA Tour 2003

Dear Renegades southern evil pals – the purple shirt and cool uniform design notwithstanding, you look exactly like the Renegades … and there are only three California senior corps.  Next year, figure out a way to get your own visual identity, or we need get River City Regiment in long black coats as well to complete the trilogy.

You heard em, RCR, go get the black jackets! :huh:

OK, we'll do that - and next year we'll combine all three of our shows for one big half hour performance featuring 300+ marching members. That'll show 'em.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10. So.Cal Dream:  Pro:  Renegades southern evil pals continue their rapid rate of improvement, and stun the Free World by beating River City Regiment … twice.  Visual program is definitely Dream’s strong suit, and the guard is clean, clean and clean.  Con #1:  Pit needed.  Con #2:  So.Cal Dream takes the field as I walk out of the stadium in San Diego after our five spectacular ensemble melt-downs.  Audience members who just walk into the stadium say, “Oh cool, Renegades are on the field.”  This was too funny, until five seconds later it happened again.  Arghhhhh!!  Dear Renegades southern evil pals – the purple shirt and cool uniform design notwithstanding, you look exactly like the Renegades … and there are only three California senior corps.  Next year, figure out a way to get your own visual identity, or we need get River City Regiment in long black coats as well to complete the trilogy.  I enjoy your corps, but the twilight zone alternate universe effect confuses people. 

11. River City Regiment:  Pro:  Small but very clean and talented drum line leads the way for this vastly improved corps, and they take the field percussion sub-caption in San Diego.  Although losing to the Dream both nights, the home court advantage is very much relevant in senior corps, and next weekend, it will be Dream who travels hours and hours without sleep just to get to the show.  Look for a possible competitive upset at the Cupertino or Sacramento show.  Con: Some members were openly and visibly rattled by the scores on Saturday.  Don’t worry … be happy.  The corps is 100% better than last year, and the home court advantage is about to be yours. 

Lee, not to start any debates or flames here, but it sounds a little like you are making excuses for RCR losing to Dream (nothing against RCR at all, you guys are great!).

Dream "stun the free world by beating RCR"?

"Home court advantage is very much relevant"?

"Home court advantage is about to be yours"?

That just comes off as a little disrespectful to SoCal Dream who has been working their ##### off and received the scores that they well deserved.

As for home court advantage, Dream was just as unfamiliar with the San Diego and West Covina territory as Renegades and River City. There was no home court advantage.

In regards to having to suffer a long bus ride to get to the show, well RCR did get a full nights sleep before the Saturday show. So I can't really say they were fresh off the bus as perhaps Renegades were. So really no excuse there, either. Sorry.

Again, absolutely no disrespect to the River City Regiment here. I support all of the corps who compete. Period. And there are no excuses needed. Period.

10. So.Cal Dream:  Pro:  Renegades southern evil pals continue their rapid rate of improvement, and stun the Free World by beating River City Regiment … twice.  Visual program is definitely Dream’s strong suit, and the guard is clean, clean and clean.  Con #1:  Pit needed.  Con #2:  So.Cal Dream takes the field as I walk out of the stadium in San Diego after our five spectacular ensemble melt-downs.  Audience members who just walk into the stadium say, “Oh cool, Renegades are on the field.”  This was too funny, until five seconds later it happened again.  Arghhhhh!!  Dear Renegades southern evil pals – the purple shirt and cool uniform design notwithstanding, you look exactly like the Renegades … and there are only three California senior corps.  Next year, figure out a way to get your own visual identity, or we need get River City Regiment in long black coats as well to complete the trilogy.   I enjoy your corps, but the twilight zone alternate universe effect confuses people.  

11. River City Regiment:  Pro:  Small but very clean and talented drum line leads the way for this vastly improved corps, and they take the field percussion sub-caption in San Diego.  Although losing to the Dream both nights, the home court advantage is very much relevant in senior corps, and next weekend, it will be Dream who travels hours and hours without sleep just to get to the show.  Look for a possible competitive upset at the Cupertino or Sacramento show.  Con: Some members were openly and visibly rattled by the scores on Saturday.  Don’t worry … be happy.  The corps is 100% better than last year, and the home court advantage is about to be yours. 

Lee, not to start any debates or flames here, but it sounds a little like you are making excuses for RCR losing to Dream (nothing against RCR at all, you guys are great!).

That just comes off as a little disrespectful to SoCal Dream who has been working their ##### off and received the scores that they well deserved.

As for home court advantage, Dream was just as unfamiliar with the San Diego and West Covina territory as Renegades and River City. There was no home court advantage.

In regards to having to suffer a long bus ride to get to the show, well RCR did get a full nights sleep before the Saturday show. So I can't really say they were fresh off the bus as perhaps Renegades were. So really no excuse there, either. Sorry.

Again, absolutely no disrespect to the River City Regiment here. I support all of the corps who compete. Period. And there are no excuses needed. Period.

Cool. New controversey. I was getting tired of the old ones. :P

Once again, no disrespect to RCR. I am just as excited as everyone else at your progress and the fact that we now have three great sr. corps on the west coast. You have my 100% support and respect. Put down the daggers. :)

Arrgghhh. Here we go again ... review controversy 101.

Let's just leave it at that I respectfully disagree with your analysis of my comments 1,000,000,000%.

I enjoy and respect both corps a great deal, and don't spend four days contemplating how my comments will be perceived before I write them. I just write.

It's all good ... and I hereby retract nothing. See you on the 50 ... and the party on Saturday night. Woo-hoo!

Lee

As for home court advantage, Dream was just as unfamiliar with the San Diego and West Covina territory as Renegades and River City.  There was no home court advantage. 

In regards to having to suffer a long bus ride to get to the show, well RCR did get a full nights sleep before the Saturday show.  So I can't really say they were fresh off the bus as perhaps Renegades were.  So really no excuse there, either.  Sorry.

Again, absolutely no disrespect to the River City Regiment here.  I support all of the corps who compete.  Period.  And there are no excuses needed.  Period.

Arrgghhh. Here we go again ... review controversy 101.

Let's just leave it at that I respectfully disagree with your analysis of my comments 1,000,000,000%.

I enjoy and respect both corps a great deal, and don't spend four days contemplating how my comments will be perceived before I write them. I just write.

It's all good ... and I hereby retract nothing. See you on the 50 ... and the party on Saturday night. Woo-hoo!

Lee

Gosh darn it, why can't I pick a good fight with you? Come on, fight!! :huh: ^0^

by the way, need me to bring chips or anything to the party?

My only random thought of the weekend besides thinking about the first CA all female Sr. Corps was ...

As I'm driving GD Truck #2 home on Sunday, we start pulling into the South Bay and what should come on the radio but Bohemian Rhapsody. Why the big deal? It was on The Bone, channel 107.7. A perfect end to tour because I heard it on the radio Friday before leaving on tour.

I was also doing 70 at the time. B)

Also just noticed that the large font size on DCP is 7!

Edited by skajerk

My only random thought of the weekend besides thinking about the first CA all female Sr. Corps was ...

As I'm driving GD Truck #2 home on Sunday, we start pulling into the South Bay what should come on the radio but Bohemian Rhapsody. Why the big deal? It was on The Bone, channel 107.7. A perfect end to tour because I heard it on the radio Friday before leaving on tour.

I was also doing 70 at the time. B)

Also just noticed that the large font size on DCP is 7!

And it's about time for Renegades to break 70. ^0^

>>>> by the way, need me to bring chips or anything to the party?

Beer and all your evil friends.

I also want to meet the random girl in the guard named Happy, as I've never met anyone named after an emotion. :)

Edited by drumlaw80