Random thoughts from Renegades LA Tour 2003

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I promise Dream won't try to get you all drunk at the pre-show party so that you have a bad show.

That won't matter - we actually rehearse drunk so that we can prepare for any contingency. Oops, I mean, no, that doesn't actually happen...

:P

As for home court advantage, Dream was just as unfamiliar with the San Diego and West Covina territory as Renegades and River City.  There was no home court advantage. 

But you were probably better conditioned to deal with the smog... :)

::hack, hack - lungs are still recovering - hack, hack::

^0^

As for home court advantage, Dream was just as unfamiliar with the San Diego and West Covina territory as Renegades and River City.  There was no home court advantage. 

^0^

Actually, having lived in SoCal since age 9, Sunday's show was one of the very few times it hurt to breath! ampssuck

^0^

Actually, having lived in SoCal since age 9, Sunday's show was one of the very few times it hurt to breath! ampssuck

Wow. Thank goodness I conditioned my lungs by riding in the G** D***** Truck with Al!!!!!

:lol: :D :P

^0^

I've lived here almost 39 years, and Sunday was one of the worst days in

recent memory. Growing up, there were days when it was too smoggy

to go out for recess.

As far as "home court advantage" goes....the San Diego field is so

smooth, it's no big deal if you've been on it before....and if anything,

Renegades had the advantage over us on the Jungle in West Covina;

they'd done an actual field show there a year ago, while Dream just

marched down the 50 to a concert set.

9) San Diego show. Africa-Heat + Sahara Desert Dehydration makes for random silliness we would normally not partake in. Such as talking on the field. Makes for some fun moments. Number one: Dianne loses her ponytail (fake hair piece) on the field (sorte like in the opening credits of Happy Days) and turns to the next person and says "Did you enjoy that???" and laughed. Then, during Tears in Hevan, while I'm trying to have a serious, stoic look on my face, I look down, and there at the 30 yard line makers is a pile of fake hair....I start to laugh.

Hahahahaha! I love it.

San Diego was my debut of a pony tail, and my biggest fear was having it

come off. Of course I didn't put enough pins in it, and during Malaga it flipped

out of the bun I'd made, but DIDN'T fall off.

Sunday I found 3-inch pins which felt like it was stapled to my head....and it

didn't move. Success!

9) San Diego show.  Africa-Heat + Sahara Desert Dehydration makes for random silliness we would normally not partake in.  Such as talking on the field.  Makes for some fun moments.  Number one: Dianne loses her ponytail (fake hair piece) on the field (sorte like in the opening credits of Happy Days) and turns to the next person and says "Did you enjoy that???" and laughed.  Then, during Tears in Hevan, while I'm trying to have a serious, stoic look on my face, I look down, and there at the 30 yard line makers is a pile of fake hair....I start to laugh. 

Hahahahaha! I love it.

San Diego was my debut of a pony tail, and my biggest fear was having it

come off. Of course I didn't put enough pins in it, and during Malaga it flipped

out of the bun I'd made, but DIDN'T fall off.

Sunday I found 3-inch pins which felt like it was stapled to my head....and it

didn't move. Success!

I'll bring my staple gun just to have a backup for ya. ^0^

^0^

I've lived here almost 39 years, and Sunday was one of the worst days in

recent memory. Growing up, there were days when it was too smoggy

to go out for recess.

As far as "home court advantage" goes....the San Diego field is so

smooth, it's no big deal if you've been on it before....and if anything,

Renegades had the advantage over us on the Jungle in West Covina;

they'd done an actual field show there a year ago, while Dream just

marched down the 50 to a concert set.

I guess I was referring to the 7-hour sleep deprived drive to get there, not neccessarily the actual field, which was mutually hostile to everyone ... LOL.

The wierd thing is that I didn't even notice the smog this year (but I am definitely in the minority).

Edited by drumlaw80

I guess I was referring to the 7-hour sleep deprived drive to get there, not neccessarily the actual field, which was mutually hostile to everyone ... LOL.

The wierd thing is that I didn't even notice the smog this year (but I am definitely in the minority).

Yeah, I can imagine the toll the trip has taken on the two visiting corps. I lived locally and I was completely wiped out. The general consenus of the members of Dream is that they wouldn't miss Sunday's full corps retreat for the world. I'm sure sticking around another 30 minutes or so for the parking lot concert won't hurt things any worse, either. Just glad I'm taking Monday off from work!

note to self: request Monday off from work. :lol: