WHO IS THE OLDEST PERSON YOU KNOW WHO MARCHED IN A DRUM CORPS?

I've meet George H. on several occasions and he is a wonderful guy. Last year at the Toms River show he comes up to me and says "I remember you from last year!" I said, "You remembered me? George, you just made my day." :worthy:

A gentlemen in every sense of the word. Looking forward to seeing him over the summer with the Cabs Alumni and at the Gran Prix.

Ira "Ike " Chatley is the Drum major for the Hamburg Kingsmen Reunion corps at the Hamburg, NY BiCentennial Parade on June 16. Ike is 90 years old.

Ira "Ike " Chatley is the Drum major for the Hamburg Kingsmen Reunion corps at the Hamburg, NY BiCentennial Parade on June 16. Ike is 90 years old.

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

WHO IS THE OLDEST PERSON YOU KNOW WHO MARCHED IN A DRUM CORPS?

Ken "Ace" Peterson, originally with the Geneva Appleknockers in the 50's and 60's, is still marching with the Mighty St. Joe's Alumni Corps at 82 years old. I saw him marching last week at the Clifton Springs Sulpher Springs Festival with St. Joes.

One of our sopranos in Cincinnati Tradition is 60 and a few of our snares are in their 50s

Riggie Laus is still at it,..............marched a parade with him on Memorial Day with him in 90 degree heat,..............he was right behind me wailing on lead,.........didn't miss a note!,..............he's gotta be 87 or so,.............

Riggie Laus is still at it,..............marched a parade with him on Memorial Day with him in 90 degree heat,..............he was right behind me wailing on lead,.........didn't miss a note!,..............he's gotta be 87 or so,.............

Probably playing his piston/slide sop too! :thumbup:

Few years back bought a DVD of a standstill (can't remember why) and turned out Riggie is on it playing "Sugar Blues" with Steel City Alumni. Great close up of him with the piston/slide. Had to call Kris in to show her the horn.

OK... now I gotta watch it again this weekend to see if I remembered it right. :rock:

Probably playing his piston/slide sop too! :thumbup:

Few years back bought a DVD of a standstill (can't remember why) and turned out Riggie is on it playing "Sugar Blues" with Steel City Alumni. Great close up of him with the piston/slide. Had to call Kris in to show her the horn.

OK... now I gotta watch it again this weekend to see if I remembered it right. :rock:

you do!

Not quite sure how old he is, but Bill Hoyt (bari, Hurcs) is currently in his 50th consecutive season. Had a hip replaced a few years back if I'm not much mistaken - marched through it

You are absolutely right Fran!!

And....one of the lead Trumptes in the Caballeros COMPETING corps is 63!

Well done Doc!!! :thumbup:

Thanks Frank. I'll be 64 June 30, and it has been an honor for me to be a part of the Cabs for ten years now. I've had the privelege to play with some really talented people over the years, including you as one of the best in drum corp. Still, George Hayak is my drum corps hero. He's just terrific.

Doc

• Like 1