Man I miss these guys....

The first time I heard the Disneyland version I was in the Peoplemover and just heard a pulse on the bass drum and started chanting "It's a corps... it's a corps" while looking around trying to see where it was coming from. Needless to say, we say every performance every day we were there for the next several years until they were disbanded. One of the most fun musical things they ever had!

The first time I heard the Disneyland version I was in the Peoplemover and just heard a pulse on the bass drum and started chanting "It's a corps... it's a corps" while looking around trying to see where it was coming from. Needless to say, we say every performance every day we were there for the next several years until they were disbanded. One of the most fun musical things they ever had!

I also liked MoRockin, Off Kilter, and of course the Fife and Drum Corps featuring Hurcwave Vic..........

On a side note both Disney-world and Disneyland both have a group called "The jamitors" that are dressed like park janitors but play on cans, lids, dust pans and other things. They play some mean licks and are all drum corps alums.

On a side note both Disney-world and Disneyland both have a group called "The jamitors" that are dressed like park janitors but play on cans, lids, dust pans and other things. They play some mean licks and are all drum corps alums.

I wonder if those are the people my parents saw at Disney World a year or so ago. They saw some drummers and talked with them a little. I think one of my parents was wearing gear from my corps.

I sure miss them too!!!

Here's an interview I did with Paul Rowe that offers an inside look at the group:

click here for Rowe interview

Edited by Scooter Pirtle
  • Like 1

In California's Disneyland Resort, they have been called the Trash-Can-Trio since I can remember. I used to work there, and when the Trio debuted in Califonia Adventure (before Tower opened in 04) I recall seeing Tom Float leading the Trash-Can-Trio. He was still doing that gig in 2010 when I was on staff with him at VK. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still at it...a Disney gig is always worthwhile!

Also, I think Future Corps is the same as the Magic Kingdom Korps, right? Just different parks? Man, I wish that would come back tooooo!!!!!

Edited by maestro!

The Cavaliers have a “Future Corps” of sorts – Classic Cavaliers. It consists of mostly Cavalier alumni and we have about 30 horns, 10 drummers and an American Flag section on the roster. We rehearse on Tuesdays nights at Cavalier Hall.

I enjoy it a lot because I get to play in a nice little ensemble with a relaxed intensity. We play old Cavalier standards like Bully, Rainbow and Battle Hymn. Bob Rada gave us some new arrangements of Kansas’s Carry On Wayward Son and a West Side Story medley. Bret Kuhn wrote some really fun percussion parts. We also dug out some old drum solos and street beats. I figure we can march about half a mile of parade without playing the same thing twice.

We do a few parades around the major holidays and some standstill performances and local drum corps shows and Green Thunder Family day. We have a really sharp Cesario designed uniform made by FJM.

It’s been a great way to keep in touch with local alumni and the corps benefits from a closely connected group of volunteers for local events. It’s also been a great way to just mess around with the instruments. You may have seen posts by MOBRIEN on these forums. He’s also a snare tech for the group and he managed to tune a Yamaha sfz snare drum to sound like an old school drum last week. Cool stuff.

• Like 1

ABC Television showed Future Corps on Christmas Day, 1984, as part of their annual Disney parade coverage.

This was a bonafide music video of them performing "Birdland", and you can see it here:

ABC's Joan Lunden summed it up after they played, "All I can say is WOW!"

By the way....Hosting that day with Joan was Bruce Jenner with his "original" face.:tongue: