CADETS NNJ DEBUT

I don't hear Charlie, unless you just mean Hark. I also don't hear O Tanenbaum??

There are a few bars from the "Christmas is Coming" song from Guaraldi/Charlie Brown woven in near the end. That whole last part is like a treasure hunt. I heard a bunch of stuff in it that I totally missed the first time.

This:

Christmas is Coming

Edited by NakedEye
  • Like 1

So the ballad was not in the first video by the OP, but it was in that most recent video of the performance for the Most Holy Name church. HOLY COW is that ballad gorgeous and very well played for this early! I am becoming more sold on this show and I think the visuals that they add, including their closer, could make this one of the more popular shows of the year. Sure, it's Christmas and it will not be to some folks' liking, but it's melodic, exciting, energized and creative, beautiful, and the ending could be STUNNING!

• Like 4

The ballad is the one thing I can dig in this show right now.

The Mashup is a little too much for me right now. It's like you're typical Cadets ending, but twice as long it seems.

I cannot deny that the horn line is sounding really good this year, not on the move yet... but we'll see!

I think it's gonna be a close race for the Ott this year....

There are a few bars from the "Christmas is Coming" song from Guaraldi/Charlie Brown woven in near the end. That whole last part is like a treasure hunt. I heard a bunch of stuff in it that I totally missed the first time.

This:

Christmas is Coming

Oh I hear it. It's at 16:49 in the recent clip I linked to. Who can name all the tunes used in the last minute??

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzXKWKaxt3c

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy this all summer...

It's one of my favorite Christmas songs!

• Like 2

The ballad is the one thing I can dig in this show right now.

The Mashup is a little too much for me right now. It's like you're typical Cadets ending, but twice as long it seems.

I cannot deny that the horn line is sounding really good this year, not on the move yet... but we'll see!

I think it's gonna be a close race for the Ott this year....

Everyone sounds great standing still. I'll hold off on Jim Ott until we see how well they move with this.

• Like 1

Oh I hear it. It's at 16:49 in the recent clip I linked to. Who can name all the tunes used in the last minute??

That's awesome, I was wondering where that lick came from!

Am I listening to the same clips as everyone else? Cadets were fantastic last year but sheesh, I hope to be proven wrong after first hearings. My initial thought was that this show couldn't crack the top 4, then the videos surfaced and re-affirmed this belief.

Placement really doesn't matter, as long as the audience likes it and the members enjoy performing the show. Is this 1991 or 2006 all over again? One thing's for sure, if this show does well, it will mostly be a result of the talent exhibited from the members, not because of the concept/design.

I picked Cadets to win last year.