Complete section turnover?

I was just watching 2003 SCV (because, even though the last moving block was dirty beyond dirty, I love the closer), and thanks to the green feathers, saw that 3 of the 4 tenors were aging out.

Have any corps had a complete turnover of an entire section?? In 84 BD we had the following returnees from 83 in the battery: 1 cymbal, 2 snare, 3 tenor, 2 bass, 2 pit.....which makes the successful defense of the 83 drum title all the more impressive. None of the returnees moved to different instruments in 84, so we won drums with 8 NEW snares, 3 NEW cymbals, 2 NEW tenors, 3 NEW basses, and 5 NEW pit.

So....people moving en masse to another corps aside (81 Spirit to 82 BD for example)...has anyone had a COMPLETE changeover of a section....and how did that work out?

regiment drumline and pit 2011...

That falls into the exception....since they all moved rather than aging out.

IIRC, all of Regiment's bass drums age-out this year.

Ahh....will be interesting to see what happens in 2013, then.

So....people moving en masse to another corps aside (81 Spirit to 82 BD for example)...has anyone had a COMPLETE changeover of a section....and how did that work out?

We had an all-rookie contra line at SCV in 1999. Several vets took a year off for various reasons, there were three SCVC alums, one who'd marched Mandarins, and one who'd marched in Europe (with Jubal, I think Beatrix), but no returning A-corps members.

***EDITED, with thanks to danieltenor***

Edited by Contrajefe

I believe the 09 Bluecoats Bass line was all new from the previous season.

We had an all-rookie contra line at SCV in 1999. Several vets took a year off for various reasons, there were three SCVC alums, one who'd marched Mandarins, and one who'd marched in Europe (with Jubal, I think), but no returning A-corps members.

He marched with Beatrix' :)

We had an all-rookie contra line at SCV in 1999. Several vets took a year off for various reasons, there were three SCVC alums, one who'd marched Mandarins, and one who'd marched in Europe (with Jubal, I think), but no returning A-corps members.

Also the 1997 contra section was all new kids, with only one having any prior DCI experience, and he was the little brother of the former section leader.