Weekend scores not announced until Monday night

Dear God : "Please make the drum corps season start already so we can argue over much more relevant issues--like west coast inflation"

Amen.

• Like 2

It's probably still better than having to call in a score hotline, or those days before the internet, when no one really knew what happened at shows on the other sides of the country during the season.

Ahhh... the good old days. LOL.

Made for some interesting moments, for sure.

It wasn't until I was walking into the stadium at DCI Finals in Philly in 1975 that I found out that the Muchachos had been DQ'd.

And in '76... also in Philly... I got to Finals looking forward to, among other things, seeing the Garfield Cadets in the show. Only to find out they hadn't made Finals. :tongue:

the problem with shows on the west coast is that the scores don't get to the east coast until almost the next day... it's very inconsiderate on DCI's part. :ph34r:

OMG! I just checked into this myself, and it's true - DCI is screwing Eastern fans! No matter what time we get scores out East, DCI makes sure that Western fans get the same scores three hours earlier! And they've been getting away with this for years!

If scores are posted on DCI.org at 11:15 out East, I guarantee you they'll be up at 8:15 in California. It's like clockwork! :blink:

• Like 7

OMG! I just checked into this myself, and it's true - DCI is screwing Eastern fans! No matter what time we get scores out East, DCI makes sure that Western fans get the same scores three hours earlier! And they've been getting away with this for years!

If scores are posted on DCI.org at 11:15 out East, I guarantee you they'll be up at 8:15 in California. It's like clockwork! :blink:

Aha! There's the source of west-coast inflation!

Aha! There's the source of west-coast inflation!

No, the real source is the Canadians. Its ALWAYS the Canadians! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Everyone who is upset about the scoring delay is an idiot.

/thread

sigh... :dry:

Edited by gak27
  • Like 1

It wasn't until I was walking into the stadium at DCI Finals in Philly in 1975 that I found out that the Muchachos had been DQ'd.

And in '76... also in Philly... I got to Finals looking forward to, among other things, seeing the Garfield Cadets in the show. Only to find out they hadn't made Finals. :tongue:

And if you think about it, the DCI season and the world never ended. Things moved on perfectly fine. I guess everyone has just gotten so impatient and reliant on technology to wait until Monday to find out the scores. I think it will build some great excitement for the season

• Like 1

Episode from between 1979 DCA Prelims and Finals (held same day)....

Walking back from grabbing a bite and see a new corps. Three of us walk over and a few steps away that group yells and starts running around. One (huge) guy grabs me and spins me around yelling "We in, we in!". All I can say is "NICE... who ARE you???". Turned out to be the latest Quebec corps (forget the name) that no one heard of.

And agree with FSUbone... fer instance imagine the gripping today if the webpage takes more than a few seconds to load. And we're used to finding info NOW! We got spoiled....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1