Season 18 Discussion Thread

I'm getting this thread going a little early to let directors get their pre-season/pre-show hype and smack talk going now. :cool:

Also, I'm reading that DCI won't be announcing the scores for their first weekend of events until Monday, which of course throws a little wrench in our season. Rather than delay the start unnecessarily, scores for our first two days of events will be entirely generated. Kinda sucks, but that's the best fix I can think of.

Now why in the heck would they do that? Unless if they just want to mess with us lol

They do that to get people in the theatres. That's when they'll announce the scores.

The NMP is geared up and ready to go for another season. The Percussion Ensmble will head West for the first part of the season, while Nastalgia will head overseas for that portion of the tour. Nastalgia Vanguard will still on the home front and hold things down. We're gonna see how many undefeated seaons we can ruin this year.

Good luck to all on a successful and fun summer!

Star of Jupiter and Star of Hawaii will start out West (San Diego, Sat Night). Jupiter's tour pretty much covers the US. Hawaii will make the trip overseas to the Pacific tour mid-season. Cross will start in the East (Willingboro, NJ) and have a more limited tour with a few stops out West late season before Finals.

We hope to have Jupiter's show announcement out tomorrow or this weekend. Hawaii & Cross to follow next week.

Kick off weekend HERE WE ARE AT LAST!

Knight Org and CLASS wish all corps this season the best of luck!

Toms River NJ is where Knight Org kicks off their shows tonight with all three corps starting in the same location. Much of this season will be spent together but as always, there are some off shoot trips planned for the Knights to be able to tour the country. Shows have been held in strict confinement, but we can assure you they will not disappoint. The kids seem more pumped to go than ever before, especially with the Knight Sword being up for grabs right out of the gate! The Bronze medalists are looking to hold and gain, so look out for a fun and exciting season!

It's my favorite day of the year- a SHOW DAY!!! :thumbup:

Today is the step-off day for season 18. With over 90 corps signed up to compete, I can already tell this is going to be an outstanding season.

The usual early-season ground rules will be in effect regarding caption changes- unlimited for the first two weeks, and then set to 3 changes per week once the first point increase takes effect.

There are still some directors who have not completed registration. Directors will have until 4:00 PM, CST today to submit any outstanding information to avoid being subjected to a late-registration penalty.

That said, here's the first events of the year:

Although the VKYAO corps aren't competing this season, they're still putting on a great show out in Anaheim at Glover Stadium.

AnaheimCAGloverStadium5000.jpg

The first in what should be a long-running series of battles for the Knight Sword takes place at Toms River North HS in Toms River NJ.

TomsRiverNJNorthHS3000.jpg

The midwest region appears to have the most number of corps at their events for the first part of the season. Today's show takes place at Kimberly HS's Papermaker Stadium.

AppletonWIKimberlyHS2500.jpg

The usual early-season ground rules will be in effect regarding caption changes- unlimited for the first two weeks, and then set to 3 changes per week once the first point increase takes effect.

Has the point increase schedule been decided/posted yet?

Look for it later this evening.

...Today's show takes place at Kimberly HS's Papermaker Stadium.

AppletonWIKimberlyHS2500.jpg

Little over a mile down the railroad tracks from where I grew up :thumbup:

Little over a mile down the railroad tracks from where I grew up :thumbup:

Heh. Last season or the season before there was a show at my high school, a smaller suburban school that has never hosted a band competition or DCI show.