Cadets 2012

Ok, getting ready to go to Jackson and watch Cadets practice. Will bring a list of my proposed changes to present to George. Lol.

Make sure you go down on one knee and start your presentation with "My Liege!". :tongue:

C'mon some of you were thinking it.... :devil:

Actually saw it at practice one day. Guy also was holding his horn like he was pledging his sword to the king..... Wish I could remember the details as the other guy got kinda PO'ed. :tongue:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

All 3 are serious contenders and I think the spread from 1st to 3rd is going to be heartbreakingly tight. It's gonna be a helluva Finals. It might truly come down to who throws down the hardest on Saturday night.

Wait wait wait, you mean it actually matters how well they perform at finals?! :spitting:

They're supposed to look like wrapping paper/presents. I think. Certainly can debate whether that fits, though. But Irving has SUGGESTED (but not said I don't think) that some uni changes might be coming... Not sure.

((grin))...I'm sticking to the comments I said about the guard uniforms. Minneapolis is right around the corner and you will see some changes.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I agree with your picks, but would add in one dark horse: Regiment. I think if they can max out the emotion and crowd engagement they could possibly knock one of those 3 out of the medals. It's kind of a long shot, but you never know. SCV is having a great year too, but I really don't think they will medal.

-Crown has the highest demand, but also will have the hardest job getting squeaky clean by Finals. I think the crowd will be pulling for them to get their first title.

-Cadets have a wonderful package and the fans are loving it. It really connects and their drill is a knockout.

-BD have their usual insanely talented group of kids. With their light performance schedule they will undoubtedly be as close to perfect as anyone on the field. Crowd response for them might be the most tepid of the 3. It took me a few viewings to get into this show, but now I'm really starting to dig it.

All 3 are serious contenders and I think the spread from 1st to 3rd is going to be heartbreakingly tight. It's gonna be a helluva Finals. It might truly come down to who throws down the hardest on Saturday night.

Every year Phantom does something that the other corps don't.....they emotionally wrap the audience into their performance. I'll never forget last year's semi performance and I was sitting in one of those fancy box seats (crashed someone's party) and this women, I did not know, we look at each other with tears in our eyes after watching PR and just stood and gave them the ovation they deserved. Love drum corps moments like that!

• Like 4

Quincey VOD is up. Cadets look and sound very nice. Some of the new musical changes are positive.

Wow, hope they're great improvements. I liked the closer and thought it was the staging of the Ballad that needed adjustments..

is it normal to be redoing 56 pages of new drill and music a few days before the first regional or is this what they do? Seems like a lot to

learn, digest and clean to compete against the cream and blue team..