Cadets 2012

I recently talked to some of my friends in the Cadets this year and their feelings on it were "You can never wake up mad. You wake up and you're just like 'Hey! it's Christmas!'"

And I agree 100% stop thinking about the scores and the years proceeding and enjoy some amazing music played by an amazing corps in the spirit of an amazing holiday!

Well, as they say.....It's June !!!! There's still time for rewrites :smile:

Hopefully they keep the "X" and rewrite the drill into something more frenetic leading into it.

And I agree 100% stop thinking about the scores and the years proceeding and enjoy some amazing music played by an amazing corps in the spirit of an amazing holiday!

Ditto. Here's to a great and fun season for the MM's.

I just noticed this is the first time in 5 years Cadets didn't end their show in a company front. FINALLY!!! :devil:

But...I like company fronts. :unhappy:

I don't have to tell you, that Cadets are the masters of doing the most usual thing, in the most unusual way.

The season isn't over yet. :bleah:

• Like 1

So would they be changing into a wintry uniform for the opener, then changing into the "gifts" uniform for jingle bells, then changing back into a wintry uniform for the ballad, then back into the "gifts" uniform for the closer? Hell, I'm a horn guy so what do I know, but it sounds like too many uniform changes.

:sarcasm: What would be really innovative is if they lined giant hobby horses with Christmas bows on them around the field that act as clothes racks for all the guards uniform changes. Oh, wait a minute, someone else already had that clever idea.

• Like 3

Just noticed that the X formation at the end of the show is not only in Stonehenge (closer) but also in 2007 at the end of the first movement! probably just as popular as the company front in cadets shows.

True. I usually like when they end the OPENER in a company front (like in 1997, 1998, 2000 [sort of]) and end the show in something other than a company front. So the "X" is fine by me. :w00t:

I saw the complete Orlando show and have to see baring the customary tweaks, adjustments etc, the show is a solid Cadet product and better than

many in the past 10 years. It has nice visual interest and clarity and musically is one of my favorites. For those of us that arent music majors

craving Mahler, Bartok etc, its refeshing seeing a WC corps doing music that keeps you from falling asleep in the middle of the show. I think

they should firmly stay in the top 3. Yes, even with a Christmas show!

• Like 1

that was my way of saying "win this year" ;-)

I personally think Crown & BD's "shows" are better right now - Cadets are performing their "good show" very well right now. It's early & I know much will change

Just feel if they don't change certain things in the end they will finish 3 or 4th.

They typically make good changes - so should be interesting to watch

Crown's in a stronger position right now - but they will need to hose, while Cadets can add things so that battle could go down to the end

Competitively speaking of course. Love them all!

Yes, it's early and the same corps (except Cavies) are in the thick of things. Cadets have proven in years past that they will be in the thick of things come August. The two years the Cadets finished 5th they had a disconnect with the audience as well as the judges (not good) and I felt those two shows were great shows. I give the Cadets a lot of credit coming off a championship year to put a show on the field people not only connect with but like....can we actually say that about BD and Crown?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

HIs point is in reference to how the costumes work with the different tones of the show. They are great for Jingle Bells and probably the closer, but the opener is more wintery and mysterious and "Do You Hear" is all about faith and reverence. They would be the equivalent of playing "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" as a hymn in a Christmas Eve church service. The song is technically seasonal, but it works for some parts of the holiday and not others.

George mentioned on FB some time ago that they will have walls across the front and the back, so I really expect another costume change is coming, once they have something to change behind. These people are too smart not to be aware of the visual disconnect, and I can't imagine they aren't hearing the same from the judges.

Even something as simple as adding new show silks will enhance an already good show (see what I mean, more is coming). About the time the first major regional comes along, all of the "they should do this or that" will have been added to the show. As for the ending, whether they change it or not, I get it. Take a step back, look again, and see if you get it.

Irving

Fan of the Arts