Cadets 2012

So true. In many ways, and I'm sure I'm the only who probably thinks this, this year's show reminds me of the 2002 show in structure. By season's end Jingle Bells will be the new BWBB.

Can you imagine?!?!?!

Having seen videos etc. etc. I really am not feeling confident in this show. And this is coming from a diehard fan of The Cadets. I know it's not all about winning but I can't quite seem to figure out what the logic was in following up last year's amazing World Championship winning show with "12.25". Changing gears makes sense yes. But..Christmas? Ehhh...

:sad:

Curious to know what your opinion is now. Still don't think the xmas themed show works?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

July 16th 2011... 1st regional... Yes... it is a long season!

1 The Cavaliers 87.350

2 Carolina Crown 85.950

3 Blue Devils 85.900

4 The Cadets 85.550

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=60576046-147b-4af0-a989-c54a0be0a819#ixzz1zd5KKBpP

Take Cavaliers out the picture this year and you have the same suspects vying for a possible championships: Cadets, Crown, and BD. Right now I give the edge to Crown but beause I know what the Cadets are capable of I will not count them out until August 12. Let's face it folks there are many of you out there who just didn't think a Christmas themed show would work. The fact that it is in the hunt right now and with plenty of room for growth is scary! Go Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Curious to know what your opinion is now. Still don't think the xmas themed show works?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I certainly had the same opinion until I saw the show. Cheese no, fabulous yes. Cant wait for Jackson NJ...

I certainly had the same opinion until I saw the show. Cheese no, fabulous yes. Cant wait for Jackson NJ...

Neither can I! :devil:

Going to Jackson to watch Cadets practice. I will sweat my $@//s off but I will being sitting and they will be sprinting and playing. I think I can handle it.. Last time I saw them live was in NNJ with 8 minutes on the field. I love drum corps :-)

• Like 1

Take Cavaliers out the picture this year and you have the same suspects vying for a possible championships: Cadets, Crown, and BD. Right now I give the edge to Crown but beause I know what the Cadets are capable of I will not count them out until August 12. Let's face it folks there are many of you out there who just didn't think a Christmas themed show would work. The fact that it is in the hunt right now and with plenty of room for growth is scary! Go Cadets.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I agree with your picks, but would add in one dark horse: Regiment. I think if they can max out the emotion and crowd engagement they could possibly knock one of those 3 out of the medals. It's kind of a long shot, but you never know. SCV is having a great year too, but I really don't think they will medal.

-Crown has the highest demand, but also will have the hardest job getting squeaky clean by Finals. I think the crowd will be pulling for them to get their first title.

-Cadets have a wonderful package and the fans are loving it. It really connects and their drill is a knockout.

-BD have their usual insanely talented group of kids. With their light performance schedule they will undoubtedly be as close to perfect as anyone on the field. Crowd response for them might be the most tepid of the 3. It took me a few viewings to get into this show, but now I'm really starting to dig it.

All 3 are serious contenders and I think the spread from 1st to 3rd is going to be heartbreakingly tight. It's gonna be a helluva Finals. It might truly come down to who throws down the hardest on Saturday night.

I really like the show - but I'm not digging the guard uniform. The music itself is very reverential / dark / glorious and I'm not sure the guard outfits portray the theme musically - especially in the beginning of the show. I could see them wearing it for Jingle Bells - but that's about it. To me it's seems as if the guard uniform doesn't tie into the music stylistically. I thought they'd be in whites / silvers / icy blues - not gift wrapping presents.

Later,

Mike

I agree, Mike. Every time I watch the show, I like the drill and the music, but the guard just doesn't seem to 'fit' in with the theme. The colors they've chosen are more like Easter egg colors to me and they remind me of Candyland figurines. I would have loved to have seen more snowflake/icicles or even as crimson elves. I just don't get these unis!

I agree, Mike. Every time I watch the show, I like the drill and the music, but the guard just doesn't seem to 'fit' in with the theme. The colors they've chosen are more like Easter egg colors to me and they remind me of Candyland figurines. I would have loved to have seen more snowflake/icicles or even as crimson elves. I just don't get these unis!

They're supposed to look like wrapping paper/presents. I think. Certainly can debate whether that fits, though. But Irving has SUGGESTED (but not said I don't think) that some uni changes might be coming... Not sure.

• Like 1

Cadets know they have some weaknesses in the program and stated they are making some small and larger changes. Overall a very good show but they know they need to make it great to stay close. Early July is the time to do it and allow plenty of time to get performance level up,