Cadets 2012

In the update it said they learned 56 new pages of drill and music for their closer after the ballad.

Well just got a look at the changes the Cadets did to the closer including new ending. The X is gone and they now end in a company front. Transition from the end of the ballad is much, much better and clearer, a little more narrative added, some similarity to last year's ending. But the changes, IMO, keeps them in the running. We'll see what happens this weekend. They still have three days to polish what they just learned. Amazing what these kids can digest in a short period of time and put it on the field. The guard had to learn 56 pages of new drill and work without music until they came together for ensemble (just amazing). Oh yes, there is a small musical change as well. Looks good folks!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

that's all fine and good but they REALLY need to fix the ballad

agreed the transition from ballad to "closer" was clunky - but the ballad has to be restaged to max this program come finals....

• Like 1

I hear that changes are pretty fantastic!! Can't wait to see it Saturday!

where - from Hop's FB page? or someone more objective?

that's all fine and good but they REALLY need to fix the ballad

agreed the transition from ballad to "closer" was clunky - but the ballad has to be restaged to max this program come finals....

Go to the Cadet webpage, it explains all they have changed. Work was also done on the ballad. "Trust me", the cadet staff know what they're doing.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Edited by Fan of the Arts

Go to the Cadet webpage, it explains all they have changed. Work was also done on the ballad. "Trust me", the cadet staff know what they're doing.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

never trust anyone who says " Trust me ".....lol.jk.... :tongue: .actually I did hear some good things in some of the changes and obviously after last year the staff does know what they are doing.

Edited by GUARDLING

Trussssssst in meeeeeeeee

Just in meeeeeeeee

Close you eyesssss

and trusssssst in meeeeeeee

DUh3A.jpg

looking forward to seeing the changes!

Edited by corpsband

If the changes are positive, a little pop in GE should minimize drop in execution. Still early enough to do this stuff and give the judges something different to digest. I'm sure these changes are what the staff has been hearing on the tapes.

Another company front...

where - from Hop's FB page? or someone more objective?

From some spatterings on Facebook... And in my opinion via video it's better! Based on the video the staging in the ballad is a little different and they play a great little tune in the beginning of the closer ;).

If you don't like sampled voice you won't like the changes but for those that can look past that the quotes and the build up to the 1st company front are VERY VERY powerful and emotional.