Cadets 2012

I don't mind the first one. But the very last one at the end of the show does seem a little forced but we'll see...

I have to agree, it is kind of over kill.

Another company front...

This is a tough crowd :) The same folks were complaining about the Cadets ending their show in the X formation instead of a company front. Now it ends in a company front and all of a sudden it's too much. Thank God you guys are not sitting up in the GE box.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 1

Post 2011, I'm a bit more comfortable with design team so will check it out sat night.

• Like 1

This is a tough crowd :) The same folks were complaining about the Cadets ending their show in the X formation instead of a company front. Now it ends in a company front and all of a sudden it's too much. Thank God you guys are not sitting up in the GE box.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Don't get me wrong I LOVE every change made so far. Takes the ending to another level.

But allow me to be arm-chair designer... :)

Instead of the straight linecompany front at the end they could have it droop down from different points like Garland or Tinsel hanging on a tree. And not have just two hanging points like in the picture but maybe a bit more strung along the line of brass. Still a company front just a little different :) Maybe have the guard be "animate-bows" at the hanging points... you know those giant bows they put on cars in commercials?? lol

CGW.png

okay I'm done now. :) Great changes Cadets!!

Edited by charlie1223

Don't get me wrong I LOVE every change made so far. Takes the ending to another level.

But allow me to be arm-chair designer... :)

Instead of the straight linecompany front at the end they could have it droop down from different points like Garland or Tinsel hanging on a tree. And not have just two hanging points like in the picture but maybe a bit more strung along the line of brass. Still a company front just a little different :) Maybe have the guard be "animate-bows" at the hanging points... you know those giant bows they put on cars in commercials?? lol

CGW.png

okay I'm done now. :) Great changes Cadets!!

...OK; you have my attention :smile: Let's see how the judges look at the new ending this weekend.

Since you are the arm chair designer; do you think the audience would know your last set was to signify garland hanging from a tree?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

...OK; you have my attention :smile: Let's see how the judges look at the new ending this weekend.

Since you are the arm chair designer; do you think the audience would know your last set was to signify garland hanging from a tree?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm one of those in the "tough crowd" category. As much as I love company fronts, 6 show endings with the same drill form is too much. I was MUCH happier with the "X". And I thought I read on Cadets' website that the ending drill was staying the same.

If BD can win with scattered clumps as visual, I'm sure Cadets standard ending will be viewed as just that, the Cadets signature ending.

• Like 2

If BD can win with scattered clumps as visual, I'm sure Cadets standard ending will be viewed as just that, the Cadets signature ending.

Well yeah, I guess that's a signature ending now that they've done it 5 times in a row. But I was pleasantly surprised to see they ended the show in something other than a company front.

Presenting their 20xx program "Fifty Shades of Company Front." Drum Corps International is proud to present...The Cadets!

I personally like the company front and always enjoyed it.

• Like 1