Drum Corps at the Movies

So, who's going and where?!?

http://dci2012onthebigscreen.com/

Experience the very first weekend of the 2012 Drum Corps International Tour on the big screen!

NCM Fathom and DCI kick off DCI’s 40th anniversary season with a blockbuster Premiere Event in select movie theaters nationwide on Monday, June 18, at 6:30 p.m. (local time). This special one-night event will include outstanding performances captured LIVE just two days earlier from Akron, Ohio.

This exclusive in-theater event will showcase six of DCI’s top marching music ensembles, together for a season-opening competition that is sure to ignite the competitive fire between these fierce rivals.

Blue Stars - La Crosse, WI

Bluecoats - Canton, OH

The Cadets - Allentown, PA

Carolina Crown - Ft. Mill, SC

The Cavaliers - Rosemont, IL

Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

This is the perfect way to kick off the 2012 season of Marching Music’s League!

Amarillo Texas

My rankings for who I think will please me the most:

Bluecoats

Carolina Crown

Blue Stars

Phantom Regiment

Cavaliers

The Cadets

My Grandma and her best friend are coming with me, they've barely even seen high school marching band let alone drum corps, so that'll be fun to see! Also bringing about 15 friends from my old high school, I've got quite the group coming!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Going to Oceanside or San Marcos! Trying to get some people to come... I sadly don't have many connections in my area anymore (where I've lived for all 21 years of my life) as they've mostly moved away to college. All my friends are scattered across the country doing Drum Corps. >_<

Heading to either Park Place Stadium 16 in Pinellas Park, FL or AMC Woodland Square 20 in Oldsmar, FL. Depends on the people who are going :thumbup:. Park Place is about 85-90% full during the premier and I believe sold out the last 2 years for Semi's. Great place being surrounded by 3-4 high schools that have legit band programs [seminole High School being the most noted]. AMC Woodland gets about 50-60% full in both events. Not that busy up there. Tarpon Springs High School students usually are the crowd. I've experienced both theaters and they're great either way to watch Drum Corps!

Rankings:

Bluecoats

Phantom Regiment

Carolina Crown

Cavaliers

Blue Stars

The Cadets

Driving from Casper, WY to Fort Collins, CO. Not a single theater in Wyoming carries it. Six hours round trip. I'm such a nerd.

Lol! I'm such a nerd.... I'm going alone! (none of my dc friends or family can make it). Going, as always, to AMC in Woodland Hills, CA. A little sad that my beloved SCV won't be on the big screen (or BD for that matter)... but still super-excited to see everyone else! Besides, I'll be up at Stanford Univ. to see them in one short week! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Expecting the birth of my son earlier that day, so unless I can get a cinematic feed piped into me wife's delivery room, I'll be missing it this year.

• Like 5

Expecting the birth of my son earlier that day, so unless I can get a cinematic feed piped into me wife's delivery room, I'll be missing it this year.

You should contact Fathom Events :thumbup:

What a way to be born, the first thing you hear is drum corps.

Edited by Pat61
  • Like 1

I'm sure your wife will understand.......... ph34r.gif

• Like 1