Drum Corps at the Movies

Nothing in Canada again?

You can't say it's the passport hassle.....

You can see Live at the Met in theatres! Opera rocks :D ... got FN renewed ... um volunteer appreciation night is on June 23 for my local community league; I might step out early and check FN Live on Saturday Night from Stanford!!! :wink:

It'll be Burbank, California for me and my guests. I'm actually excited because I've never been to an AMC showing of DCI. I'm not sure how packed the place will be or how few people will show up in comparison to the Quarterfinals showing. But as with any movie, as long as I can get a seat with the people I'm going with, it's all good! :tugowar:

I'm really liking Phantom Regiment's show concept. I may end up rooting for them this season, although I've always been a Vanguard fan. Can't wait to see these six corps, though.

Edited by maestro!

Anyone going to any of the Atlanta theaters? I just moved here and was looking for theater recommendations, i.e. which ones fill up and serve the best popcorn. :)

I don't know which side of Atlanta you are on, but we're driving in from the North. I've got tickets for Merchants Walk Stadium Cinema, 1301 Johnsons Ferry Rd in Marietta.

Now, I'm not sure (I couldn't find where we went last year), but it seems this theater had some tech issues last year (couldn't receive DCI's feed) and they sent us to another theater nearby. (Of course, NOTHING is nearby in Atlanta.) A bit of a hassle but we got there in time to see the entire show. So....I'm planning on extra time this year just in case.

I do know the 2nd theater had hotdogs and nachos as well as the usual movie fare.

Have fun!

CrownLeadSop wrote:

Anyone going to any of the Atlanta theaters? I just moved here and was looking for theater recommendations, i.e. which ones fill up and serve the best popcorn. :)

I'm heading to this one:

Hollywood 24 @ North I-85

3265 NORTHEAST EXPY NE

ATLANTA, GA 30341

770-936-8235

It's off I-85 just before you leave the perimeter.

I'm coming from Middle Georgia to the south side of Atlanta, so this may not apply to you at all, but I'm headed to the one in McDonough. It's almost a brand new theater, and my few experiences watching regular movies there have been great.