2012 Rankings

I think the tie breaker was eliminated years ago, and if I recall, it was a convuluted mess.

I would think with the scoring system used now, at the same show, a tie is highly unlikely. these scores were at different shows, so it may be an issue just for seeding

I would agree. It would take a real tangle to end up with a tie at the same contest.

I would agree. It would take a real tangle to end up with a tie at the same contest.

wish you guys would stop talking about ties... yes it's possible... no, it's not likely... the Sun/Bush tie was amazing as I was the chief judge who had to go into the tab room and run the tiebreakers... got through every tiebreaker still tied... the last opportunity was the color guard - which didn't even count towards the total score... the guard decided a champion that night and the man on color guard that night was my dear friend, the late George Cowburn who was to later die in a plane crash...

The post tie breaker tie of Brigs and Empire also hit home as my daughter was with Brigs and her husband was with Empire... they kissed on the 50 yd line to seal the tie... That's never happened before and most likely will never happen again...

wish you guys would stop talking about ties... yes it's possible... no, it's not likely... the Sun/Bush tie was amazing as I was the chief judge who had to go into the tab room and run the tiebreakers... got through every tiebreaker still tied... the last opportunity was the color guard - which didn't even count towards the total score... the guard decided a champion that night and the man on color guard that night was my dear friend, the late George Cowburn who was to later die in a plane crash...

The post tie breaker tie of Brigs and Empire also hit home as my daughter was with Brigs and her husband was with Empire... they kissed on the 50 yd line to seal the tie... That's never happened before and most likely will never happen again...

well I know Cru and Steel City liked their tie in 89 and made on giant corps when they left the field

:tongue:

It was the highlight of my 1989 season with Steel City. :thumbup:

Unfortunately, I was on the loosing end of that tie breaker in 89.

It was not a fun night....not at all!

I was MUCH more happy sharing the trophy the year before!!