Cavaliers in Trouble?

You're right, early season 3-pointing in 2010 caused some freak outs....but Cavies very nearly got FIVE pointed last night by Crown. That's a world of difference. That's generally a completely different tier.

I think there is less of a concern that Cavies got beat by Crown at a 4.6 spread. What really concerns me is that Cavies only beat Blue Stars by a 3.25 spread.

OUT OF RESPECT TO ALL DRUM CORPS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD OR CHANGE THE NAME. IT IS WRONG!

OUT OF RESPECT TO ALL DRUM CORPS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD OR CHANGE THE NAME. IT IS WRONG!

Whoa, cool your jets. Since when is censoring a good idea? The title really gets the point across.

• Like 1

I kept waiting for something ANYTHING but just kept going WOW on how ugly the color guard uniforms were. IDK what to think.

I think there is less of a concern that Cavies got beat by Crown at a 4.6 spread. What really concerns me is that Cavies only beat Blue Stars by a 3.25 spread.

In 2010 they were only .9 away from them at a show.... At finals Cavaliers finished 2nd (97.75) and Blue Stars finished 8th (91.9).

Relax. It's June.

In 2010 they were only .9 away from them at a show.... At finals Cavaliers finished 2nd (97.75) and Blue Stars finished 8th (91.9).

Relax. It's June.

I think he was basing it off the fact that the 2010 Blue Stars were strong that year and people are saying they are not this year, but the Cavaliers are still relatively close. I agree that it is too early, but we all new the drill was going to be a lot different. So is the drill for the Blue Devils and Cadets, but they were able to beat Michael Gaines a couple of times. I will wait and reserve judgment until later.

I kept waiting for something ANYTHING but just kept going WOW on how ugly the color guard uniforms were. IDK what to think.

Indeed. That look's "15 minutes" was over before it even started.

• Like 1

You're right, early season 3-pointing in 2010 caused some freak outs....but Cavies very nearly got FIVE pointed last night by Crown. That's a world of difference. That's generally a completely different tier.

You are right. The cavaliers DID get three pointed by Crown at the first show. They were the third of three corps at that show.

BUT, the next show that spread opened up to 3.5 points (still 3rd of 3 corps.

The show after that, the spread opened up again to 4.1 points (3rd of 5, but the next two corps were spirit and teal sound).

If Phantom & Bluecoats would have been at those first few shows in 2010, they probably would have beaten Cavaliers too and the spread would hav been even larger. They were that bad early season. DCP was blowing up with all of these know it alls claiming the end of the cavaliers organization since they had a big staff turnover (new corps director, new brass staff, new percussion arranger and staff, new guard caption head, new visual caption head) combined with a poor early season showing. There were lots of folks learning how to work together for the first time and they eventually got it together and challenged for the top spot.

Folks, I am telling you that it will be alright. They have lots of good people there that know what they are doing and have prepared corps before. The only new faces on staff are the drill designer, and a few techs. Everything else is intact and almost identical to what they have had the last 2 years. So logic would dictate that they know how to get things moving in the right direction.

Relax. It's June.

Actually it was a 1.2 spread at the first show in 10 but they also started off with a 75.2 not a 66.7