Cavaliers in Trouble?

Well, not common; but you do have a point.

These are the first three examples that pop into my head, though there may be more...

27th Lancers: 20th in 1974 and 4th in 1975

Bridgemen: 26th in 1974, didn't even finish the season in 1975 and 6th in 1976

Kilties: 26th in 1976 and 10th in 1977

Missed Spirit of Atlanta in those same years.

1977 - 23rd (startup corps)

1978 - 6th

Just had to put it in there because those are a couple of exciting years to follow competition in Drum Corps.

Phantom 2008 - 1st (98.125)

Phantom 2009 - 9th (89.900)

Hey, wait. Were there "the sky is falling" posts in 2009 about PR also? Maybe I just missed them.

Hey, wait. Were there "the sky is falling" posts in 2009 about PR also? Maybe I just missed them.

People were slamming Phantom from performance 1 in 2009...

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/123590-the-official-2009-phantom-regiment-thread/page__st__180

And, just like Cavies this year, the homers immediately came out of the woodwork: "it's only June", "wait until August", etc.

I don't know if there was as many "the sky is falling" posts in that thread... however, there also wasn't ANYONE in the thread suggesting Phantom would bounce right back in 2010 like 2009 never happened and be an immediate title contender again. If there had been, I would have told them the same thing I said in this thread: it takes a couple of years to fix all of the show design/instruction problems and recover from a huge standings fall like that.

Edited by hostrauser
  • Like 6

54 ageouts this year. Not so young.

There was buzz all year that the corps had many new and younger members and this was a rebuilding year, but 54 ageouts is a significant number.

There was buzz all year that the corps had many new and younger members and this was a rebuilding year, but 54 ageouts is a significant number.

True. Confusing for sure... Hmmmmmmmmm

Let's celebrate some of the other organizations who are realystsrtingto figure it out.

Any more, great corps don't have to have an "off" year to place lower. There's simply more great competition on that level.

Being as good as the year before can very well equal placing lower.

• Like 4

Well, they could have had a huge number of rook-outs? That would still make them new, but would be age-outs at the same time. I know many of the top corps have lots of rook-outs every year.

Hahaha... I like the Cadets and BD borg... they actually put up a good fight and defend their corps to the death.

Not much defending going on in here... guess the red minus is easier to do than tell me why I'm wrong?

They have issues. Design and performance. That is a lot to fix. And I'm just saying that I saw it coming. I felt like design has been hit or miss, and the excellence in performance has been dwindling in the past 3 or so years. If so many people disagree with me, because of the red marks, tell me why you disagree. Or is it because I said something negative about the beloved Cavaliers....... is that all??

• Like 4