Oh Christmas Tree, O'Tannenbaum

Something :cool:

Edited by skajerk

Bayonne '85? thumbup.gif

Um, no... It is something that has been discussed going back to the 80's and they felt the time was right to do it now. :xmas:

I'm probably the last one to figure this out, but it now seems clear where Cadets got the theme for this year's show.

He's either dropping hints that Cadets are moving to Maryland or C2 being at Annapolis for DCA is REALLY on his mind..... :tongue:

"Maryland.. my Maryland..."

And a big No Prize <$1 to Marvel Comics> for who the "tyrant" is in the song....

As an homage to Seinfeld, I think that the Cadets should include a Festivus Pole in their show. :xmas:

• Like 1

I still get the sense that he and his team want to do one more patriotic show. They thought about Pearl Harbor this year, so who knows, maybe next summer they will give us something patriotic.

I would like to see a show in that vein, but one that is much more reverent, regal, without using the typical music for such occasions. What I would love to see is a travel-through-time show in which the corps begins the show in Revolutionary War fashion, perhaps using the music from The Patriot (and yes, even using Fifes if allowed), then moving to the Civil War (perhaps a tip-of-the-cap to the Bridgemen), then to WWII and closing with a medley of military marches as a sort of grand finale.

That was our entire 1971 show, actually, titled "America, the Brave"! :tongue:

He's either dropping hints that Cadets are moving to Maryland or C2 being at Annapolis for DCA is REALLY on his mind..... :tongue:

"Maryland.. my Maryland..."

And a big No Prize <$1 to Marvel Comics> for who the "tyrant" is in the song....

Could it be a vampire hunter? ;)

YEA! would never be able to afford it in Maryland. Waaaaaaaay too expensive.

Could it be a vampire hunter? ;)

LMAO!!! Can't wait for that to come out 'On Demand' as don't make theaters too much for various physical reasons. Or at least check the book.... waiting for the 'Raven' (think that's the title) to come out too.

As an homage to Seinfeld, I think that the Cadets should include a Festivus Pole in their show. :xmas:

FESTIVUS, FOR THE RESTIVUS!!

• Like 1

I'm going to assume you already know that O' Tannenbaum is just O' Christmas Tree in German, but in case you didn't - there it is