Jersey Surf 2012 Bridgemania

This actually isn't completely true, SCV '08 asked for audience participation with the snaps, claps, etc. during Cloudburst. I imagine it was confusing then to find your designated guard person (ha), but this looks a little more fun.

I think it's clever way to raise a little money and give the audience a little fun. Kudos! BTW, cheese is delicious! :tongue:

• Like 1

No airplane, but I do think they may have put in a request for a goose fly-by at Allentown. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

WGI Percussion groups have been experimenting with this for the past few seasons, and I was wondering when we would see it crossover. At any rate, this looks like a really fun way to get the crowd excited about drum corps. Kudos to Surf for thinking outside the box!

• Like 1

Years ago I would never have imagined that I'd miss the Bridgemen, but I do. I also never would have expected that a show I cannot wait to see would be a tribute to the Bridgemen. Times do change!

The Bridgemen would have loved the gimmick Jersey Surf is planning. Bridgemen fed off of audience enthusiasm. I can remember quite a few times when the Bridgemen started off somewhat tepidly but improved steadily as the audience responded. These would have been early season shows, and they tested as to what would and would not work with the audience. Sure, their shows had many worthy qualities, they were excellent musicians, but a huge part of the Bridgemen experience was audience involvement.

So if Jersey Surf wants to pay tribute to the Bridgemen, involving the audience not just a great idea, it's essential. Besides, it looks like it will be fun.

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

Years ago I would never have imagined that I'd miss the Bridgemen, but I do. I also never would have expected that a show I cannot wait to see would be a tribute to the Bridgemen. Times do change!

The Bridgemen would have loved the gimmick Jersey Surf is planning. Bridgemen fed off of audience enthusiasm. I can remember quite a few times when the Bridgemen started off somewhat tepidly but improved steadily as the audience responded. These would have been early season shows, and they tested as to what would and would not work with the audience. Sure, their shows had many worthy qualities, they were excellent musicians, but a huge part of the Bridgemen experience was audience involvement.

So if Jersey Surf wants to pay tribute to the Bridgemen, involving the audience not just a great idea, it's essential. Besides, it looks like it will be fun.

Trust me, The Bridgemen do love it. Should be a lot of fun performing it in Bayonne.

• Like 1