Phil's Spread Rankings

Seem pretty clear slotting is starting to take effect.

Since June 30 th as an examaple, scv has increased its score by only 2 pts ( roughly) and crown has increased over 6

Judges seem to know where everyone belongs.

or is it just that is where the corps belong in relation to their competition at the shows they have attended.

I'm wondering if Crossmen's high scores are going to hold once they start competing with other corps in their grouping where the judges don't have a huge gap above them before they hit the next corps.

or is it just that is where the corps belong in relation to their competition at the shows they have attended.

I'm wondering if Crossmen's high scores are going to hold once they start competing with other corps in their grouping where the judges don't have a huge gap above them before they hit the next corps.

lol too true. as far as i can tell the only show that connects the west coast tour to the rest of dci is the very first show of the season :-)

Agree... I think they will find themselves a couple points behind Spirit next weekend.

updated with 7/7 scores

updated for the 7/8 shows

updated for 7/9 shows

Interesting to note (so far) who has increased the most and who has increased the least:

Carolina Crown - 14.200

Santa Clara Vanguard - 11.900

The Academy - 11.700

Bluecoats - 11.050

Blue Knights - 10.950

The Cadets - 10.900

Phantom Regiment - 10.350

Crossmen - 10.250

Mandarins - 10.050

Blue Devils - 9.200

Spirit of Atlanta - 9.100

Colts - 8.850

Glassmen - 8.800

Blue Stars - 8.700

Cavaliers - 7.750

Pacific Crest - 7.550

Madison Scouts - 7.400

Boston Crusaders - 5.550

Jersey Surf - 5.100

Troopers - 4.850

Teal Sound - 4.750

Pioneer - 4.700

Cascades - 2.900

Granted, you have to take into consideration when the first show for each corps happened, what their score was, when their most recent show occurred, and what the score was there. Taking all of that into effect, you get the increase average (total increase divided by days on tour) as below:

Pacific Crest - 0.839

Colts - 0.681

Jersey Surf - 0.637

Mandarins - 0.628

Carolina Crown - 0.617

Santa Clara Vanguard - 0.595

The Academy - 0.585

Crossmen - 0.569

Blue Knights - 0.548

Blue Devils - 0.541

Glassmen - 0.518

The Cadets - 0.495

Bluecoats - 0.480

Spirit of Atlanta - 0.479

Teal Sound - 0.475

Phantom Regiment - 0.450

Madison Scouts - 0.435

Blue Stars - 0.414

Cavaliers - 0.337

Boston Crusaders - 0.326

Pioneer - 0.313

Troopers - 0.303

Cascades - 0.290

This, of course, will favor corps who have increased dramatically with a later starting date and no recent scores... but you get the general idea... out of last year's top 8 CC, SCV, BD, & Cadets are leading the way with the Bluecoats, PR, Cavs, & BC in the bottom half.

• Like 1

updated to reflect 7/10 standings

update for the 7/11 shows

Thanks again for doing this!

I agree. All of these rankings are interesting and the formulas used each have value in their owwn particular construct. It looks like there is not that much spread differences this year among many Corps. Also,the scores for most Corps... but not all... are a little lower this year than last year on this date it seems to me. Not sure if this is the result of the new judging sheets utilization or simply the Corps themselves.