Clovis Champagne Bar

Never any doubt with that brass staff. They put out some great brass lines.

As great as that clip was, I can't help but wonder how much more awesome it would be if the students put down those B-flats, picked up G's and replayed the tuning sequence (it's the same one from the days of yore.) I don't mean that negatively-- I marched with one of their current brass staff responsible for their transformation; it would just be neat to see/hear a back-to-back comparison with the same talented players in the video.

I don't have a problem with the B flat horns at all. In fact I like that now you can play in all keys.

*edit: I did but have really come around to all the new changes...(ok most of them)

Edited by flammaster

As great as that clip was, I can't help but wonder how much more awesome it would be if the students put down those B-flats, picked up G's and replayed the tuning sequence (it's the same one from the days of yore.) I don't mean that negatively-- I marched with one of their current brass staff responsible for their transformation; it would just be neat to see/hear a back-to-back comparison with the same talented players in the video.

Try tuning it up in audacity (free sound program) to simulate it. Turn down the Bass, add a distorter for tuning and I don't know if they have anything to take out dark tone qualities :P

• Like 1

I don't understand this order. I'm not complaining, mind you, but how did BAC end up being on LAST in a show sponsored by BD??

Probably cause they went to so much troible doing thier move ins and first two weeks in bds back yard (not literally but in california).... its appreciation and kind of a respectful welcome if you will

I may be crazy in saying so, so early, but Blue Devils are probably going to be my favorite show by season's end...

Sorry, but what I watched last night was enough for me this season. Granted, very different and seemed to be done well, but not for me. Sorry Joel Grey!

• Like 1