Stanford Live!

BD will win the 2012 DCI championship with this show.

Umm I highly doubt it, not unless they really change things up a bit.

• Like 1

Is there an encore?

Yes, both SCV and BD are doing encores. Both will be on DCIFN.

scores please!

• Like 1

Agreed. This is exactly how I felt. Ditch the ######## narration and this show would be OUTSTANDING. :sad:

I said the same thing about the many Cadets shows with narration. Shut up and play! :-)

You guys know that's not "narration", right? It's just a sound effect. Some of it you can understand, some of it you can't.

I'm not sold on the ending either, but that may not be all of it, at least vertically.

I get that it's a "sound effect", but it's still someone speaking therefore, narration. It could be a sample of James Earl Jones doing "A Lincoln Portrait" (which he has done) and I'd still consider it narration.

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 2

This new, irrational art movement would be named Dada. [...] “Dada is ‘yes, yes’ in Rumanian, ‘rocking horse’ and ‘hobby horse’ in French,” he noted in his diary. “For Germans it is a sign of foolish naiveté, joy in procreation, and preoccupation with the baby carriage.”

For average Americans, it's what a 2-year old calls his father.

• Like 1

Sum up for me:

Mandarins: Make the chief/guard soloist do something, he's adding nothing right now. LOVED the drumline and chant section.

Pacific Crest: I liked it. Great design!

Blue Knights: No comment.

Boston Crusaders: It was good, needs some GE though, left me a tad flat.

Phantom: SUTA.

Vanguard: A tad disappointing, great drumline.

BD: Took me on an acid trip. Loved the first two minutes, after that, can't decide if I loved it or hated it.

I was sure sorry to see one of the horses break a leg near the end of the show. She gave a valiant effort to finish, but I've seen too many of these injuries over the years. I have a feeling a vet is being summoned as we await the scores to "put her down." Such a waste.