Stanford Live!

I could swear that's narration. :cool:

5th Contra from the left. That's my kid.

I'd green plus you but I'm all out, so here... thumbup.gif

I'm really worried there will be a pile-up in the opening, when everyone is ''improvising'' as they start playing. I just see someone trying to do something, tripping, and starting a chain reaction fall.

I was standing in the end zone after just finishing our Finals performance with SCV when I saw the Cadets due their pile-up. They still received two perfect scores in visual, and that was two weeks before Nats.

I wanted to chime in on the BD discussion. I saw them last night at Clovis and was blown away. For those of you who don't understand why they are getting high scores in movement think of it as a demonstration of vocabulary combined with phrasing. BD's visual package has a greater vocabulary than all the other corps combined and they are doing it cleaner. They show they can march drill very well (which some corps still can't figure out how to do) and on top of that they perform movement that a lot of guards would have difficulty performing well. Their sound is great, which combined with the layered visual elements, is even more impressive.

Their show design is also first-rate. The pacing of the show never leaves you wanting and you have the choice of just enjoying the show or using your gray matter to realize the depth of their design. I'm not a huge fan of the quiet ending but it fits well with the theme of being different and unexpected.

• Like 3

I have to say, I really enjoyed the top four tonight. Love BD, loved PR (rewrite the last minute...it kinda ruins Nessun Dorma). First time in many years I've really liked SCV. When they get it cleaned up some it's going to be a fantastic show. Loved Boston, a huge step up in design from last year, with the same excellent performers. Also impressed with pacific Crest.

Blue Knights and Mandarins, sadly, are hot dog corps. Good performers stifled by really, really poor design choices.

Ugh more narration... ;)

But it's not... or is it? :cool:

It is legal to drive the wrong way down a one-way street in California as long as there is a lantern attached to the front of your car/carriage

Detonating a nuclear device is illegal within the city limits of Chino, CA, and carries a $50 fine