Why Do Drum Corps Arrangers Think They Know Better Than The Great Comp

...and yet they made us sit through those old farts and little kids fracking notes!...

How did they "make" you sit through those shows? A gun to your head? A knife to your throat? Please tell how they took away your freedom to go somewhere else such as the rest room or the souvie stands during those shows?

How did they "make" you sit through those shows? A gun to your head? A knife to your throat? Please tell how they took away your freedom to go somewhere else such as the rest room or the souvie stands during those shows?

"In Soviet Russia, orchestra play YOU!"

• Like 5

because I wanted to be an obedient slave to the DCI corporate monster and fill seats not support people learning to play or enjoying them self or anything.

worthy.gif Hail to the mighty Corporate entity! Fill those cramped seats at exorbitant prices!

because I wanted to be an obedient slave to the DCI corporate monster and fill seats not support people learning to play or enjoying them self or anything.

Here's what I do at DCA shows when alumni corps play (I don't care for alumni corps). I get up and leave. If it's a pre-show exhibition, I'll souvie shop until the competing corps come on. If its mid-show, that's a great time for a hot dog. If it's after the competing corps, even better, I can head home. After all, scores are on the internet.

Not once have I ever been "forced" to watch a show.

• Like 1

I like to watch everyone! There might be a painfully bad hornline or dirty snares but there is always something they do that you go: " Hey that is cool." instead of writing 30 page threads on something I hate or go on a thorough search to find something a person posted 4 months ago just for that gotcha moment.

I liked the Blue Knights 1997-1999, 2002-2003, and 2006-2007. The stuff they were doing from 2006-2007 was very nice in terms of orchestration. Some of the best Barber and Shostakovich that I've heard from corps that have done it, band, or orchestra.

Their hornline really put out some wonderful tone! I really enjoyed their show. Every show for that matter! I'm not pining for when johnny comes marching home again but if some corps plays that I'll love it. I also love new and strange arrangements too because I look at it as a learning experience for a lifetime.

I like to watch everyone! There might be a painfully bad hornline or dirty snares but there is always something they do that you go: " Hey that is cool." instead of writing 30 page threads on something I hate or go on a thorough search to find something a person posted 4 months ago just for that gotcha moment.

You previously stated that they, and I quote, "made you sit through those old farts and little kids fracking notes". So which is it? Do you like to watch everyone, or are you forced to watch those you do not like? Make up your mind here!!!