Pioneer 2012

Just a thought, as it applies here. "young" isn't necessarily "age".

That being said, the original statement about the corps being "young", isn't entirely inaccurate. We have many rookies, some who are very new to the activity, and others who while new to corps are strong performers and growing quickly.

I think that was the intent of the statement. And, with that, comes it's own challenges. Back to rehearsal!

~Lansing.

I saw them last weekend in Michigan City. I think I counted 7 cymbals on the field. That together made around 27 members playing percussion on the field and 20 members playing brass. Is this normal for Pioneer? They were very young thou, and kids need to start somewhere. :)

• Like 1

I do wish that Pioneer would update more often on their webpage.

I hope that they are headed in the right direction.

I was looking at a video from 1997? in Menasha, WI, from the Americanos home show, which is the first show of the season and even though they were huge and Div 2 at the time, they scored a 57.7, I think.

So, maybe 15 years later, there could be room for improvement or they are just about where they should be? I don't know.

It would be great to hear some more or see some pics of the group, for those of us that want them to be Better Everyday.

I was looking at a video from 1997? in Menasha, WI, from the Americanos home show, which is the first show of the season and even though they were huge and Div 2 at the time, they scored a 57.7, I think.

I actually marched that year. It was our first Division I year and I think we marched 124. 1998 was the only year the corps was full (128 at that time).

Breakdown:

24 Brass (8,4,8,4)

10 snares, 4 tenors, 5 bass, 7 cymbals. 26 battery

9 Pit

14 Guard

2 Drum Majors.

75 total.

As mentioned previously we wanted more horns. We lost some to injuries, $ and other issues... Seem my previous post.

When life hands you lemons... make the best lemonade that is McPossible. ;)

The 20 comes from adding the last 4 as late arrivals. Most are quick learners. All will be in by the weekend.

I'll talk to the webmaster about updating the site. What are you looking for specifically?

• Like 4

I do wish that Pioneer would update more often on their webpage.

I hope that they are headed in the right direction.

So, maybe 15 years later, there could be room for improvement or they are just about where they should be? I don't know.

It would be great to hear some more or see some pics of the group, for those of us that want them to be Better Everyday.

I do think the judging sheets have change greatly in 15 years, as have the judging between then Div 1 vs Div 2/3... And world and open now. So, a 57 now is different than a 57 then, especially considering the most recent change his past year, the cross of divisions/classification and changes in the activity in general. That and judging being somewhat subjective in any situation. It's the same as the number going down from Allentown to finals... Because of slotting at quarters rather than a real true number. It's not like the corps got worse in a week... ITs all relative.

• Like 2

Breakdown:

24 Brass (8,4,8,4)

10 snares, 4 tenors, 5 bass, 7 cymbals. 26 battery

9 Pit

14 Guard

2 Drum Majors.

75 total.

As mentioned previously we wanted more horns. We lost some to injuries, $ and other issues... Seem my previous post.

When life hands you lemons... make the best lemonade that is McPossible. ;)

The 20 comes from adding the last 4 as late arrivals. Most are quick learners. All will be in by the weekend.

I'll talk to the webmaster about updating the site. What are you looking for specifically?

I know that it is hard to update from the road at times, but as a loyal Pio fan, it would be great to see updates from members, pictures, tweets (well, not so much there), but facebook updates, and stuff like that. I know that Phantom does that with some of their members (I'm not saying that you have to copy them), but those of us that love Pio and want to see their progression and journeys, I think would like to be able to kind of live out the adventure with them!

As you know, Social Media can be a blessing and a curse, but if used well, it could be amazing to help further the cause, if you will (if done well).

I would be more than willing to work/volunteer to help with this in some fashion.