Drum Corps shows in Canada

I believe the last two shows in Canada were in 2008, and we with Beatrix' had the pleasure to perform there.

It was great, one of the best audiences during the tour!

We did one show in Hamilton and one in Sudbury. Especially the Sudbury crowd was amazing. It was a not so great accomodation, but the crowd went nuts and we gave them all we had. Great memories!

And in Hamilton, we had a 55-yard line, which was pretty weird too :p

You need a passport to enter Canada?

I thought you only needed it to get back into the U.S.

You need a passport to enter Canada?

Now you do. One of the many, many new security regulations that has been implemented in the wake of 9/11.

Yes: Mexico too.

It really doesn't take a lot of time to get a Passport: only a couple of months (sometimes less).

And you can rush-process them for an extra fee and get them in a week or so.

Plus, U.S. Passports are valid for ten years, so 99% of all marching members would only need to go through the process once and it would cover their entire marching career. And, after the first year, corps would only need to worry about a few dozen kids each season, not all 150.

• Like 1

Yes: Mexico too.

It really doesn't take a lot of time to get a Passport: only a couple of months (sometimes less).

It takes that long to get a U.S. Passport? It's 10 days here in Canada unless you pay an additional fee to get it even quicker.

Would love to see DCI shows back in Canada. Some of my favorite memories as a member involve time spent in Montreal.

I was at one the last big shows in Montreal in 2000 - Cadets and SCV were there. IIRC one of the attending corps had a bus accident on the way to the show (was it Colts? - my memory is foggy right now). I think Madison came to Montreal in 2001 which was the last time the big show was held - 9/11 changed everything after that.

i will never forgot Ottawa. Fans loved Drum Corps, warmed up in a park in which we saw crap filled underwear by a fence in someones backyard, but fun fun shows. Border Patrol was ###### on the way back into the states from another corps, so we had to get off the bus get, answer many questions then finally get back on the bus and on our way. Canada used to be full of DIII corps in the day also. I guess Dci doesn't have 40 D-III corps anymore do they? Yes i know it's Open Class not D-III

We had a housing site just a few miles from Niagara Falls when I marched in 2010. So, after ensemble that night, we drove over and SAW Canada...that was the closest I've ever been while marching.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's just coincidence, but does anyone else see the irony of the top two headlines on dci.org?

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

High temps will delay start of Friday's DCI Central Indiana event

4:21 PM ET

Promoters aim to bring drum corps competitions back to Canada

9:55 AM ET

• Like 1