Parade in Michigan City

I found out there is a parade in Michigan City on Saturday morning and they are advertising that the drum corps competing that night will be in the parade.

Just wondering if that is indeed the case? Anyone ever been to this parade before? If so, any recommendations on a good viewing location?

Thanks

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has long been the case and anywhere along Franklin Street (Route 421, the major north-south artery through town that passes next to Ames Field) is a good location.

A couple months ago, a new Indian buffet opened up in Lake Park Plaza, which is on the west side of Franklin, south of US Route 20. It's only a buffet between 11:00 and 3:00 and is highly recommended. El Bracero, on the southeast corner of 421 and 20, is an excellent choice for inexpensive Mexican food. (I know this stuff because I live ten miles from Michigan City.)

Now, does anyone know where the corps are rehearsing?

Thanks for the info Mike. I know Bluecoats are being housed at Michigan City High School. Not much time for rehearsal though if they are doing the parade.

They are scheduled to be at Portage H.S. tomorrow (Thursday)

Edited by oldbandguy

I know Blue Stars are at the incredible stadium in my hometown of Chesterton.

Cavaliers are rehearsing at Barker Middle School on Saturday and Ames Field on Sunday and Monday. Barker is at 319 Barker Road in Michigan City.

Troopers are at Elston Middle School, which is within walking distance of Ames Field.

Edited by Michael Boo

I found out there is a parade in Michigan City on Saturday morning and they are advertising that the drum corps competing that night will be in the parade.

Just wondering if that is indeed the case? Anyone ever been to this parade before? If so, any recommendations on a good viewing location?

Thanks

Thanks

The parade is from 11:00 - 1:00. It starts at 10th & Franklin St. (U.S. 421) & heads south to Ames Field. Length of parade is 3/4 mile. The reviewing stand is just south of Barker Ave. about 1/4 north of Ames Field. The Ames Field area is also a good area because of the park there. All but one of the Ames Field parking lots are closed during the parade. The other lot will fill early with horse trailers & other parade participants vehicles. There are several bars & restaurants along the parade route & port-a-pots are located at Ames Field.

Hope this helps.

I know Blue Stars are at the incredible stadium in my hometown of Chesterton.

Cavaliers are rehearsing at Barker Middle School on Saturday and Ames Field on Sunday and Monday. Barker is at 319 Barker Road in Michigan City.

Crown:

Michigan City HS

8466 West Pahs Rd

Michigan City, IN 46360

Thanks

I remember marching this parade when I marched. I love that town.

Crown:

Michigan City HS

8466 West Pahs Rd

Michigan City, IN 46360

So Crown is rehearsing at the same site where Bluecoats are staying? I just heard that Crown is staying in Bremen, IN, over an hour away, south of South Bend.

So Crown is rehearsing at the same site where Bluecoats are staying? I just heard that Crown is staying in Bremen, IN, over an hour away, south of South Bend.

Pulled that address from:

http://carolinacrown...pper&Itemid=552

It's generally up-to-date but there may have been a change that didn't get entered into the calendar...

sent an inquiry -- hopefully it's an out-of-date calendar and not a double booking !

Edited by corpsband