Corps at the Crest, Walnut - 6/30

I will be there tonight. Looking forward to seeing my ex corps compete. It's going to feel very strange to see them on the field and not be a part of this year's corps. To think I spent three years with them. I still have two years left but I decided a good college is far more important then marching drum corps. I wish them well regardless.

A good high school English teacher would be "more important than" marching.

Edited by denverjohn
  • Like 2

Finally here at the show! Work went long and I missed most of the open class performances. I did get to hear gold and vk but couldn't get a good read on either of them. What I did hear was promising for late season! Int is now on...just meh for me :P

Mandarins pit starting to gather equipment and horn line and perc huddling getting ready to perform! I've heard bad things and didn't get a good read on this one last night, hoping for a good show.

Finally here at the show! Work went long and I missed most of the open class performances. I did get to hear gold and vk but couldn't get a good read on either of them. What I did hear was promising for late season! Int is now on...just meh for me :P

Yay!! Thank you!

Mandarins: interesting show from them. Smaller horn line like usual with some good dynamic range. At lower levels you could hear many individuals. Good drum line but the guard just was a distraction.

Academy taking the field! Left of spring

Okay so I spent a little too much time in the PR and SCV lots.. Just got seated. Academy on right now. Nice brass and I'm still a fan of those uniforms. Got some visual dirt though.. For the most part very strong for this corps though!

• Like 1

The academy: good show! Out there but full of power and potential! Lots of dirt in the visual with some collisions in the drum line by everyone recovered well. Guard unis...not so much. Love theistic so I can't wait to see/hear this in August!

PC taking the field! Brig it on PC!

• Like 2

Strong performance by The Academy. Beautiful closer. PC getting on.

• Like 2

LOVED PC TONIGHT. Great to see them stepping in the positive direction. Loved it. SCV getting on now! GO GET 'EM VANGUARD!