Corps at the Crest, Walnut - 6/30

I do find it frustrating that their audience engagement is low, and therefore they've been receiving modest applause so far at shows.

But on the flipside, they're playing and marching so well that the gap between them and their two closest competitors in the West is justified...for now.

BD know what they're doing- they do stuff so "out there" are far removed from the traditional show that judges can do nothing but to give them high scores. It's really brilliant when you think about it

So...you're going with the "if you can't dazzle em' with brilliance....then baffle em' with bull ####" theory! I'd give the judges a bit more credit than that!

• Like 3

I read these posts with interest as , wasn't the idea of the new sheets to take into account how the show "connects" with the fans, or am I wrong? I'd have to say from my understanding of the sheets and most of the comments associated with BD is that, they don't connect with the fans as well as others, yet, they win GE! How can this be?

I think we all know the answer to that. The "community" believes that anything they (BD) does is the bees knees. Personally, I don't care how well you perform a turd, its still a turd. To clarify, I am not commenting specifically about any corps in particular with that last comment. If the Regiment put a turd out there ('09) I'd feel the same way. (Though, musically, it grew on me).

RM

The only problem is... there are people who do enjoy BD's show...myself for example. They are doing things no other corps do...what I like about DCI is diversity...lots of different shows. I can enjoy a traditional show from Cadets and then get my mind blown by BD and then sit back and enjoy the grace and beauty of Phantom, then get my face melted by Madison's Malaguena. I think disparaging a show and calling it a "turd" just because one doesn't enjoy it personally is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 6

I read these posts with interest as , wasn't the idea of the new sheets to take into account how the show "connects" with the fans, or am I wrong? I'd have to say from my understanding of the sheets and most of the comments associated with BD is that, they don't connect with the fans as well as others, yet, they win GE! How can this be?

I think we all know the answer to that. The "community" believes that anything they (BD) does is the bees knees. Personally, I don't care how well you perform a turd, its still a turd. To clarify, I am not commenting specifically about any corps in particular with that last comment. If the Regiment put a turd out there ('09) I'd feel the same way. (Though, musically, it grew on me).

RM

Da...Da...Dum

I love this show! It's got everything I love.

Would you care to elaborate?

• Like 2