bridgeport

must say hurcss thow down in horns , drumline and guard held it down... their gurd all british is all ahead of the pack....if only they had 10 more horns....all corps were very good for june...Packed house 10,0000 plus...great show

wish I'd have been there

I'm hearing best overall June show ever

• Like 1

wish I'd have been there

I'm hearing best overall June show ever

That wouldn't surprise me at all, based on how good everyone was in Wildwood two weeks ago. All of those corps were FAR better then they were in 2011.

Have to say I'm a bit surprised Cabs were that far down. Did they have a bad run or something?

That far down from who?? 2nd-5th place were within roughly 2 points of each other which is tight for a show this size....that means it could be anyone's game to take down Reading at this point.

That far down from who?? 2nd-5th place were within roughly 2 points of each other which is tight for a show this size....that means it could be anyone's game to take down Reading at this point.

The spread from Cabs to Bucs was a lot smaller two weeks ago. Even factoring in three more corps, that's a bit of a drop. The only corps who has, right now, a chance of catching Reading is MBI. We're still waiting for an east coast corps to step up. Been waiting almost eight years in fact. I'd love to see someone do what MBI did, but if wishes were fishes...

Edit: I do think Cabs are taking the first steps towards competing with Reading on a long-term basis. A retooled admin, retooled design team, and very committed membership are going to really benefit them ling term. They aren't going to beat Reading this year, but that's not the point.

If Hurcs and ES are in that pocket with Cabs, that's good for DCA. Now the question is what can they do long term.

Edited by Kamarag

any word on Jomba? I heard he ended up having to go to the hospital

The spread from Cabs to Bucs was a lot smaller two weeks ago. Even factoring in three more corps, that's a bit of a drop. The only corps who has, right now, a chance of catching Reading is MBI. We're still waiting for an east coast corps to step up. Been waiting almost eight years in fact. I'd love to see someone do what MBI did, but if wishes were fishes...

Edit: I do think Cabs are taking the first steps towards competing with Reading on a long-term basis. A retooled admin, retooled design team, and very committed membership are going to really benefit them ling term. They aren't going to beat Reading this year, but that's not the point.

If Hurcs and ES are in that pocket with Cabs, that's good for DCA. Now the question is what can they do long term.

I was at this show tonight in Bridgeport...I absolutely agree with the current placement...It was a toss up for me for Cabs and Hurc's tonight...I do not think any of the corps tonight will catch Buccs...The Buccs performed the hardest drill which has the most room IMO for growth as the season progresses. The visual program is on another level. I was very disappointed with MB visual program, but I'm not saying it was horrible or anything. I just was not impressed with it. ES brass was sweet, but the color guard staging was a mess and unmemorable.

I was in Wildwood 2 weeks ago and I had the spread from Bucs to Cabs at around 3pts.. And in other years cabs with this program would have been much closer.. Even Reading has stepped it up this year though. Empire and Hurcs also have to be much improved be over Cabs right now.. Although I wasnt there tonight I really hope that the Cabs aren't being slotted

• Like 2

Although I wasnt there tonight I really hope that the Cabs aren't being slotted

I hope so too, and I don't *think* they are. I'm going to make the trip to Clifton in two weeks. Can't resist seeing the C2 debut. I really thing that if they are given a fair shake (and there's no reason to believe they won't be), they will fall in that 3-6 pack.