2012 DCI Muncie Fan Network Webcast Review

DCI Fan Network subscribers got a treat as the DCI Muncie show was added to the live broadcast schedule as a special bonus. Both fans in the stands and Fan Network viewers were fortunate that the show even happened as the weather tried to double whammy the show into submission, first by delaying the show start an hour due to extreme heat, then by sending a severe storm system right through the heart of Indiana, causing damage throughout the Muncie area and even sending a Cavalier staff member to the hospital due to injuries sustained when a gust of wind hit the staff scaffolding as they were dismounting it. The show did go on, though, complete with the sun shining in full force as it set behind the stands of the stadium at the start of the show. The Muncie show was the last event of the 2012 Music For All Summer Symposium, so the crowd was definitely ready to cheer for every corps performing tonight.

Full Review

• Like 3

Not for nothing, but I was streaming the HD broadcast through wireless, and there were no skips, no hiccups, and no lost feeds. The broadcast was excellent... thank you DCI and drumcat!

As usual, great review Kevin!

Thanks, John!

As always, fantastic review Kevin. Hats off!

Glad to do it, TQM.

Not for nothing, but I was streaming the HD broadcast through wireless, and there were no skips, no hiccups, and no lost feeds. The broadcast was excellent... thank you DCI and drumcat!

Same here. The only issue I had was the 13" Toshiba laptop I bought off of eBay EXPRESSLY for hooking up to the TV via HDMI just couldn't handle the full HD stream. I had to bring down my main machine and plug it in.

The Toshiba's going away and I'm picking up a Dell XPS M1330 laptop off of eBay. It also has an HDMI port, but it comes with an Nvidia GeForce 8840M dedicated graphics card so 1080p shouldn't be an issue.

Of course, I have to replace the motherboard first, but I knew that going in. A little DIY project. :D