Kalamazoo hullabaloo

Amtrak schedule, Saturday, July 7

Eastbound ... Depart Kalamazoo, 7:29 PM

Eastbound ... Depart Kalamazoo, 9:16 PM

Westbound ... Depart Kalamazoo, 9:18 PM

Say yes to Michigan.

Thank goodness, because that stadium is positioned terribly for drum corps. Being on the far west of the Eastern time zone and relatively far north, it stays light incredibly late in the day, and the sun beats directly on the stands until sunset. I was miserable there for all but the last two or three corps back in 2010. Bring a cooler of ice for your feet and a set of cold packs for your face if you go. :sad:

Thank goodness, because that stadium is positioned terribly for drum corps. Being on the far west of the Eastern time zone and relatively far north, it stays light incredibly late in the day, and the sun beats directly on the stands until sunset. I was miserable there for all but the last two or three corps back in 2010. Bring a cooler of ice for your feet and a set of cold packs for your face if you go. :sad:

And be sure to take your sunglasses and either a hat or sun visor.

But anyone who was in the Battle Creek stadium the year Kalamazoo was getting new turf will attest how much worse that place is for the audience. The sun was overpowering and the stadium faces due west.

But anyone who was in the Battle Creek stadium the year Kalamazoo was getting new turf will attest how much worse that place is for the audience. The sun was overpowering and the stadium faces due west.

I was there - it was brutal! I remember the ambulance people attending to fans...but no marching members that I saw. Audience facing straight into the sun.

I was there - it was brutal! I remember the ambulance people attending to fans...but no marching members that I saw. Audience facing straight into the sun.

Here is my special memory. The window in my press box wouldn't open and there was no air conditioning. The window was filthy and the intense sun reflecting off the grunge made it impossible to see anything. It was my worst personal viewing experience ever.

Hope for a full DATR show tomorrow night as well. It is pouring like crazy in Denver right now with a lot of dangerous thunder and lightning. There is no way any corps already here was outside tonight. The forecast calls for up to 5 inches of rain for the next 24-36 hours with the hardest rain coming tomorrow night. If the show was tonight, it would have been cancelled.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I got a gal in Kalamazoo ...

Hey, somebody had to do it. rolleyes.gif

• Like 1