Drums Along the Rockies

Troopers had no pit. I wonder why?

Probably to protect the mallet instruments. They are much more sensitive to the elements than anything else on the field, so I could see not bringing them out in the rain unless you're doing your full show.

I'm sure there are those who will say that the ticket holders paid for the whole show, and they'd have a point, but one could also make the point that the ticket holders aren't getting the whole show anyway.

The BK staff were just out on field testing it. They are going to perform full field if the weather holds up. Trying to gcuet info about other corps now.

At this time each corps will decide if they will perform or do a stand still. However, there is another cell coming in so guess it's wait and see. The electronics are a problem.

I'm sure there are those who will say that the ticket holders paid for the whole show, and they'd have a point, but one could also make the point that the ticket holders aren't getting the whole show anyway.

I'm pretty certain most events of this nature (outdoor) have fine print explaining what happens in event of rain (i.e. audience is SOL). In situations like these, I usually think the "easy" thing to do is for the corps to call it a night, get an early start driving to wherever they're going and fans would be out of luck. It's always great that the corps do everything possible to give the fans (and performers) a performance opportunity.

Hopefully he weather holds and everyone gets a chance to perform

Can anyone let us know if Cascades have gone on or not? we are getting conflicting reports here. Also, if the judges have left the venue, and any of the corps get to do their show, is it then considered as an exhibition? Sorry for the questions but I'm a "newby" dad to all of this.