Drums Along the Rockies

Is it true that BD changed and shortened their standstill performance so BK could do a full field show? If so thats classy and bad*** of BD. And that BK show is gonna be dangerous come August.

The story I've been hearing is that BD hurried off of the field after they were done to allow BK onto the field before the rain started pouring again, almost made it. But looking at the timing of everyone's standstills, BD's came it at just about the same time as everyone else, maybe a little bit shorter, but not much.

The story I've been hearing is that BD hurried off of the field after they were done to allow BK onto the field before the rain started pouring again, almost made it. But looking at the timing of everyone's standstills, BD's came it at just about the same time as everyone else, maybe a little bit shorter, but not much.

Oh ok. Still nice of them at least get off the field and allow us to see that BK run. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

The stand stills were great. SCV had me out of my seat. I was sad to see BD's drum performance wasn't shown on FN it was fun. Just opinion, but there is something to be said about stand stills; listening to the corps music without judging the show is almost liberating. The solo's stood out and were beautiful. When corps are on the field most are watching and judging who needs cleaning or what needs to be done as far as the drill, something is lost in the music. I know it's about the whole package but having that music played in your face was the bomb. The stadium shook at times with the power of the sound.

I agree. I was initially very disappointed that the show was a standstill but it sure was great to hear them blast at you from the arc without feet in the sound. Really glad I opted for the facemelter seats instead of the nosebleeds this year!

...they attempt to justify it under the guise of some pretentious French dude voice over during their performance, telling me how I'm supposed to be impressed that it's all about nothing...

Speaking of which, are the BD recorded/sampled voices of anyone in particular? And has anyone transcribed the French and German text they use?

Tricia, good to know that the kids who fell are all okay. I saw a couple of the falls, and they looked like they could have been hurt. I know how hard it is to march on a wet field like that, so it's good that they got through it okay. It was really cool to see them perform their full show.

Was I the only one that saw their pit packing up some stuff before the show started? The Fan Network feed zoomed in on the pit, and I saw some stuff getting put away. Anyone know what they were storing up? I'm not a percussionist, so I can't identify every instrument

BK was moving and covering up their laptops to protect from the rain.

Yes, BD did shorten their show so BK could get their show in. The storm was moving in fast so it was a matter of timing. Thank you BD, that was a class act. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Amen WAY TO GO BD!! Amazing move by an amazing corps!!

BK was moving and covering up their laptops to protect from the rain.

Thank you. I couldn't quite tell what it was. I saw a couple of computers, but I also saw what looked like a couple of instruments, so I wasn't sure. It was good that they tried to cover as much stuff as they could. It was a good show, but I'm very surprised they performed with their plumes. That seemed like a bit risk for the uniforms, since those never like moisture much

Thank you. I couldn't quite tell what it was. I saw a couple of computers, but I also saw what looked like a couple of instruments, so I wasn't sure. It was good that they tried to cover as much stuff as they could. It was a good show, but I'm very surprised they performed with their plumes. That seemed like a bit risk for the uniforms, since those never like moisture much

I don't think BK is worried about the plumes.

:tongue:

The standstills were great, but I hope that national anthem performance wasn't serious. :shutup::blink:

I don't think BK is worried about the plumes.

:tongue:

Is that a hit that they'll be replacing their plumes sometime this summer? That's the only reason I can see why they'd risk them getting messed up in the rain