Drums Along the Rockies

Is that a hit that they'll be replacing their plumes sometime this summer? That's the only reason I can see why they'd risk them getting messed up in the rain

Oh, I'm not trying to give any hints. I have no idea what they have planned.

In my short time being exposed to BK, I get the sense that the people who run the organization have a pretty good handle on what they are doing. They know their business. I suspect they, like you, know the effects of rain on the plumes. If they made the decision to go with them, I'm confident they are able to deal with possible damage. That confidence is the only reason I made my statement.

Is that a hit that they'll be replacing their plumes sometime this summer? That's the only reason I can see why they'd risk them getting messed up in the rain

The plumes will be okay. Hang them upside down or lay them on a surface and they'll dry out. They might be fluffier than how they were, but the plumes will be okay. Most of those plumes now adays are made with that fake mylar--it looks like real feathers but it's really plastic. Either way plumes is not what I'd worry about.

The plumes will be okay. Hang them upside down or lay them on a surface and they'll dry out. They might be fluffier than how they were, but the plumes will be okay. Most of those plumes now adays are made with that fake mylar--it looks like real feathers but it's really plastic. Either way plumes is not what I'd worry about.

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I just remember the college and high school programs I were a part of used the old school feathers, and they did not like rain, and the corps I was a part of used actual feathers, and we would always have to remove them if there was a possibility of rain, or go without headgear altogether.

Edited by fsubone

I have been behind this year on Drum Corps.

I just watched BK's run through in the rain.

I f$%@ing love the show after that performance, that was insane, I bet the busses were electric afterwords.

What an incredible run-through. I can't wait till SA to see this show live.

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 2

APDs are up. Get the bundle - it's only $5.99 because we had some rain and the performances were standstill (except bk).

Good listening while warming up for Minneapolis. :)

http://cl.ly/1U0H0i1n1X0Y2o3L1w1t

Blue Devils aren't on the list - is their recording not available from that night?

leed17

Edited by leed17

It's in the bundle. They didn't play their show.

Ok, thanks

Downloaded the bundle, but Blue Knights show is not in mp3 format. Their short encore is, but not the show. Tried transferring it as raw data to Audacity, but didn't work. Please help :)

Thanks

leed17