Drums Along the Rockies

heard from a BD friend and the word monsoon was mentioned.... thumbdown.gif

Not too worried about the start of the show, but come 8pm the storm cell looks to be stationed right over the Denver area and stay there for a few hours. The local weather folks are calling for lightning, heavy rain and local flooding. The last 4 corps may not get the chance to take the field. Just got back from watching SCV and the clouds are moving in from the south and west and it is starting to look really ugly out west just like yesterday at this time. Last night, String Cheese Incident had a concert at Red Rocks and it did resume at 11:00 PM. Not sure if the folks running DATR have that kind of time frame to get the show in. But I do know the contract w/ the stadium calls for it to be cleared out by a certain time. The last time DATR was rained out may have been 1974 or 75.

Edited by bstar82

It won't rain out. There are always grey clouds every year and some years it even rains. At most it will be a rain delay, because rain in Colorado never lasts long.

Except last night, it rained from 4pm until 3am off and on mostly on.

Keeping the "no rain" thoughts going! Checked into hotel in downtown 2 miles from Mile... I mean Invesco...uh...Sports Authority Field. Sky is partly cloudy.

• Like 1

Keeping the "no rain" thoughts going! Checked into hotel in downtown 2 miles from Mile... I mean Invesco...uh...Sports Authority Field. Sky is partly cloudy.

Terri, you got it right the first time. It will always be Mile High, No Invesco or SA. Keeping fingers crossed!

I know there's a big show but isn't rain in Colorado pretty much a good thing (considering the wildfires) ?

It is a good thing except today for drum corps fans. Add to that, a lot of vegetation is gone, so now we have the problem of flash flooding. Some of the rivers and streams near Fort Collins and the Springs were jet black and thick because of all the ash that is flowing in and killing the fish.

Drum corps is more important

Did a little browsing and it seems rain in the past 24hrs has already gotten 98% of Colorado's fires contained.

SO I withdraw my previous comment and hope the rain stays away from Denver and limits itself to only the areas where the 2% are still burning :-)