Drums Along the Rockies

Downpour has started a few miles out. We're doomed.

Lets hear no more about the imperfect sound quality of the domed stadium in Indianapolis.

• Like 2

Yep, first shower moved through and the next is just starting over us (west side of town near the foothills). :thumbdown: I want to see what BK added, ugh! My drum corps addiction needs a fix and we have great seats!

Indy was okay until that micro burst came through last year. They warned everyone to stay away from the doors. It sounded crazy but I'll never forget looking at a woman trying to get in through the door and how hard the wind was blowing. One of the most helpless feelings in the world is being inside the dome knowing your kids, everyone's kids, are out there in buses while it blew through and there was absolutely nothing anyone could do.

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth dropping the 10 bucks on parking.

Don't drop $10....park on my street - decatur and 23rd for free....walk

four blocks to the stadium....but it is raining pretty had right now!

heard from a BD friend and the word monsoon was mentioned.... thumbdown.gif

Can't BD "Chase the Clouds Away"... pun intended.

That really is a great stadium for Drum Corps.... wish finals would go back there someday.

I remember in 2004 we had delays for weather during semis... but it cleared up and was beautiful. I will be watching online tonight.

Yep, first shower moved through and the next is just starting over us (west side of town near the foothills). :thumbdown: I want to see what BK added, ugh! My drum corps addiction needs a fix and we have great seats!

Indy was okay until that micro burst came through last year. They warned everyone to stay away from the doors. It sounded crazy but I'll never forget looking at a woman trying to get in through the door and how hard the wind was blowing. One of the most helpless feelings in the world is being inside the dome knowing your kids, everyone's kids, are out there in buses while it blew through and there was absolutely nothing anyone could do.

Much as I love the activity, and can't wait for tour to begin each year....... it's stuff like that ^^^ that makes it hard for a parent to get through the summer.