Could we see crazier things in shows?

What I am waiting for are CineScapes.

In my definition of this idea, what we would see is 1, 2, or 3 large cinema-like screens that get placed in the back (on the 50), back-left (diagonally facing in), and back-right (also diagonally facing in). These screens not only partition off some of the back portion of the field (and most of the back stands), but they allow each corps to project images, land-scapes, 3d objects or scenes, and more, in order to add realism to their show theme.

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it would be neat to see something like this.

I'm actually kind of surprised this hasn't happened yet. Can't be too far off. The real question on this one is, who will do it first?

Laser light show, fountains, robots, holgraphic marching members... it's all inevitable.

Rhythm X WGI IW Percussion had a pretty interesting show built around lighting effects; you can find some cool stuff on Youtube (the coolest videos are the ones of the show performed outside at night).

I'm actually kind of surprised this hasn't happened yet. Can't be too far off. The real question on this one is, who will do it first?

INT.

They'll do a dog and pony show.

Devs. They'd just project their show onto screens, thereby completely eliminating the need for people marching and audience connection altogether. (Disclaimer: The previous statement is a joke)

• Like 2

I'd love to see a Hammond Organ on the field. thumbup.gif

That would be cool, but could you imagine trying to lug one of those around all tour?

• Like 1

Not too sure why I thought of this, but do any of you think we will ever see things such as real cars in a show, or even live animals? Yeah, that sounds off the wall, but I wouldn't put it past drum corps.

LOL, 1980 DCA Finals my old corps released live doves from under a huge American Flag at the end of the show. Good news the dozen or so that flew from under the flag looked impressive. Bad news was there were a LOT more than a dozen or so. Long (infamous) story but held up Finals for about 20 minutes to get the doves off the field. :shutup:

Using the screens or morphing the horn/perc sounds thru the amps sounds like the next step to me. At least until the individual wireless mics become affordible.

Edited by JimF-LowBari