Blue Devils Calendar

I can hum a tune from 2003 and 2006 BD...

That's about all I can recall from the 00s =/

Hmmmm, if you can't hum:

Channel One Suite or House of the Rising Sun (2002)

Summertime or Take the A Train (2004)

Pegasus (2007)

Say a Little Prayer (2011)

Then I kinda feel for you...

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 4

Hmmmm, if you can't hum:

Channel One Suite or House of the Rising Sun (2002)

Summertime or Take the A Train (2004)

Pegasus (2007)

Say a Little Prayer (2011)

Then I kinda feel for you...

Heck, add the first minutes and a half of this year, just for starters. If you don't instantly recognize and hum the piece from Apollo 13, you're kinda dead.

• Like 3

Still not buying it. The Blue Devils are talented people. I have a great deal of respect for them. They perform very well. They are a fantastic organization.

but

Their shows aren't that hard. They never push their members to the fair reaches of their ability.

So AShy!

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and march there...then get back to us.

If you're aged out, then all you're doing is running your mouth in a very ignorant fashion..especially when you ignore people who actually WERE there, some of whom came from other corps and can give an accurate comparison.

• Like 4

Pretty sure that was just family day and not a judged performance. Though there were a couple of times we had to wait on the field for the lights to come back on.

Nope....it was a competitive one...SCV was there, for one (I think it was P-West), and the show was turned into an exhibition with no scores, since there was no WAY the judges could eval the rest of the show with the lights off.

Where's Eric Lozaga when we need him? He was in the bari line that year.

Anonymous troll poster for the loss.

No need to be rude or insulting. I would have to say that is one part of the drum corps culture I don't enjoy.

I didn't say the Blue Devils don't work hard. I'm not looking to diminish your experiences or time there. We are having a nice discussion with different opinions. It's all good.

The Blue Devils design plan is to allow their members to give an electrifying, emotion driven performance. That is how their general effect is created. Other groups seek to create their general effect by having their members perform something that is so difficult that when it happens it is awe inspiring.

This doesn't make one design plan better than the other. They are just different and they allow us to have discussions about them.

Back to where we started.

I don't believe that the Blue Devils rehearse any better than anybody else. We are all doing the same thing and coming at it from different directions. In your experience you can only say that the Blue Devils rehearse better than Suncoast Sound did. Anyone who has ever said that the Blue Devils rehearse better than everyone else has marched the Blue Devils. You have proven this in your previous posts. What I gather the staff tend to say to the members "We rehearse better than everyone else".

The Blue Devils are the top drum corps of the DCI era. They allow their members to have electrifying, emotion driven performances through their design. Usually their design does not overly challenge their members except at selected moments. This allows for a much more laid back rehearsal atmosphere and an electrifying, emotion driven performance.

I'm out!

So AShy!

• Like 7

In your experience you can only say that the Blue Devils rehearse better than Suncoast Sound did. Anyone who has ever said that the Blue Devils rehearse better than everyone else has marched the Blue Devils. You have proven this in your previous posts. What I gather the staff tend to say to the members "We rehearse better than everyone else".

Right, because I cannot possibly have marched and/or taught other corps, or extensively observed anyone else beyond those two corps I originally mentioned. Nope. No way.

That's unpossible!

(And yes, you are still trolling)

• Like 7

Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and march there...then get back to us.

If you're aged out, then all you're doing is running your mouth in a very ignorant fashion..especially when you ignore people who actually WERE there, some of whom came from other corps and can give an accurate comparison.

Don't get so personal.

I marched against the Blue Devils. Sometimes I beat the Blue Devils and sometimes I didn't. I taught against the Blue Devils. Sometime I beat the Blue Devils and sometimes I didn't.

It's only drum corps. There are very few of us left who still care about it. Let's be nice to one another and promote our passion. Nobody likes a negative nelly.

So AShy!

• Like 2

A bit OT...

Heck, add the first minutes and a half of this year, just for starters. If you don't instantly recognize and hum the piece from Apollo 13, you're kinda dead.

Everyone says that Apollo 13 is the beginning, but isn't the INITIAL impact the beginning of the dubstep tune Doomsday by Nero (also used in the Borderlands 2 Trailer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW7qO_wpfvk

(It may be from somewhere else, too...)

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

Nobody likes a negative nelly.

Except for you?

Like I said, I've got the charts. Musically, there's never been anything "easier" about what their drums are doing. And I've never even marched BD...

Mike

• Like 2

Still not buying it. The Blue Devils are talented people. I have a great deal of respect for them. They perform very well. They are a fantastic organization.

but

Their shows aren't that hard. They never push their members to the fair reaches of their ability.

So AShy!

Imo BD reminds me of that X Games superstar Travis Pastrana when it comes to making their shows look easy. Pastrana will jump on a dirt bike, launches himself off a ramp, high into the air all the while pulling some double backflip and landing it with so much ease it makes you say.......wow that was easy. I can do that. Until you do and break every bone in your body. Thats BD to me. They march with so much ease you say....wow i can go out on the field and march that show. Not as easy as it looks bro.

• Like 3