Score Upsets of 2012....

Which corps that hasn't been in finals has placed 6th?

1978 Spirit of Atlanta 23rd in 1977 and 6th 1978

Madison is no surprise, they have been improving consistently for the past two years, and have great staff. Spirit is a little more of a surprise, but they had a great year last year and have a thrillingly entertaining show this year. Similarly Xmen had an amazing show last year and are no surprise to be on the upswing. Cavies' drop is a surprise, but only because of the reputation. I don't think the judges have it wrong.

Are the sheets making a difference? I'm not sure. I feel like I'm seeing more corps outperforming their books (ie getting a better performance than rep subcaption score) than we usually do, but that's just my impression and maybe isn't correct. I also feel like certain judges are more likely to flip the scores' typical relationship, so maybe some judges are reading the new sheets differently than others.

By improving consistently were you referring to a move from 10th in 2010 to 10th 2011?

I know I will bet tons of hate for pointing this out, but that sounds more like stagnation than "improving consitently for the past two years".

• Like 1

By improving consistently were you referring to a move from 10th in 2010 to 10th 2011?

I know I will bet tons of hate for pointing this out, but that sounds more like stagnation than "improving consitently for the past two years".

If my phrasing bugs you I apologize. I wasn't referring strictly to placement. I thought their 2010 show was great, and their 2011 show was better, and that this show is better still. That's all I meant.

Most corps pull from the Texas talent. There's no reason why Crossmen shouldn't be in the mix. They have a ton of vet retention this yesr. 6 years in Texas; it is their turn. And they have a huge following in Texas right now. Can't wait to see them in San Antonio.

• Like 1