Just saw that first show isn't until August! WOW! Will this be a problem coming into the competition season so late? I hope not.

Just saw that first show isn't until August! WOW! Will this be a problem coming into the competition season so late? I hope not.

not if they perform well

• Like 1

Didn't seem to hurt Corpsvets or Alliance last year.

• Like 1

yeah I agree, scores are scores, based upon that performance. so if they're ready and they perform well, they'll earn a good score. That's how it works right?

Is there any reason it's so late though, out of curiosity...

yeah I agree, scores are scores, based upon that performance. so if they're ready and they perform well, they'll earn a good score. That's how it works right?

The show this past weekend in Virginia was the only show in the south that was relatively close to Tampa (1800 miles round trip!!). Financially getting 3 buses, 1 semi and a van to and from is quite an expense. Had the 4th of July parades been closer to the weekend, we would have been able to go up early, march the parades (make some $$) then perform at the competition.

We did perform a standstill exhibition at DCI Orlando in front of the giant crowd they drew there back on June 23rd. The corps just had it's first uniformed full-run performance this past Saturday down in Cape Coral, FL.

Thunder actually originally had a pretty decent tour schedule in the spring, before 3 shows were cancelled:

DCI Orlando

DCA show in Kentucky - Cancelled

DCA show in Manassass, VA

DCA show in Atlanta (Alliance) - Cancelled

DCA show in Frost Proof (Sun Devils) - Cancelled

DCA show in Atlanta (Atlanta CV) - ATTENDING

DCA Prelims/Finals

I don't know the answer to the question in this specific instance but, as I am sure everyone is aware, it is an incredibly daunting financial task to take a group on the road. I would guess that for many groups, the prospect of going on the road week after week is just not a viable option for their members. This being the case, perhaps they choose to wait to come out to apply their limited financial resources to the last month or two of the season. Just a guess on my part.

Dan

• Like 1

I understand why. I hope you guys blow them away at Annapolis!

• Like 2

Alliance showed us in 08 it not only works but works to your advantage.

Lets face it.. Out of NE corps do not have regular shows they can attend that make financial sense. They are pretty much saddled with a DCI score. As we saw a couple of weeks ago with the MBI scores DCI scores (even on DCA sheets) are not a accurate indicator of your actual placement within the pecking order. So you have a Early DCI show get saddled with a low ball score and your working your way out of a hole the rest of the season. Not the best way to run a drum corps if you want to be competitive.

Alliance showed us in 08 it not only works but works to your advantage.

Lets face it.. Out of NE corps do not have regular shows they can attend that make financial sense. They are pretty much saddled with a DCI score. As we saw a couple of weeks ago with the MBI scores DCI scores (even on DCA sheets) are not a accurate indicator of your actual placement within the pecking order. So you have a Early DCI show get saddled with a low ball score and your working your way out of a hole the rest of the season. Not the best way to run a drum corps if you want to be competitive.

+1

DCI actually turned away DCI member corps from a couple of the south eastern DCI shows this summer, which makes it even harder for a southern DCA corps to get on the bill there.

We do what we can do. We'll continue to do that as well.

+1

DCI actually turned away DCI member corps from a couple of the south eastern DCI shows this summer, which makes it even harder for a southern DCA corps to get on the bill there.

We do what we can do. We'll continue to do that as well.

they turned member corps away?

What was their rationale?