they turned member corps away?

What was their rationale?

I'm going to assume it came down to a $$ issue. The more corps attending, the more the payout has to be from the show sponsors. I think the shows that had a "waiting list" for DCI corps were smaller shows (small attendance in the past). Thunder looked into getting into some, but got wait listed behind DCI World Class corps.

I'm going to assume it came down to a $$ issue. The more corps attending, the more the payout has to be from the show sponsors. I think the shows that had a "waiting list" for DCI corps were smaller shows (small attendance in the past). Thunder looked into getting into some, but got wait listed behind DCI World Class corps.

ah. sucks, but it makes sense

The show this past weekend in Virginia was the only show in the south that was relatively close to Tampa (1800 miles round trip!!). Financially getting 3 buses, 1 semi and a van to and from is quite an expense. Had the 4th of July parades been closer to the weekend, we would have been able to go up early, march the parades (make some $$) then perform at the competition.

We did perform a standstill exhibition at DCI Orlando in front of the giant crowd they drew there back on June 23rd. The corps just had it's first uniformed full-run performance this past Saturday down in Cape Coral, FL.

Thunder actually originally had a pretty decent tour schedule in the spring, before 3 shows were cancelled:

DCI Orlando

DCA show in Kentucky - Cancelled

DCA show in Manassass, VA

DCA show in Atlanta (Alliance) - Cancelled

DCA show in Frost Proof (Sun Devils) - Cancelled

DCA show in Atlanta (Atlanta CV) - ATTENDING

DCA Prelims/Finals

Yeah it sucks that 3 shows were cancelled, but your statement above sounds like you're saying that it was too much of a financial burden to make the VA show, but had those 3 shows not been cancelled, you would have magically had the funds to do the full tour.

Yeah it sucks that 3 shows were cancelled, but your statement above sounds like you're saying that it was too much of a financial burden to make the VA show, but had those 3 shows not been cancelled, you would have magically had the funds to do the full tour.

4th of July was on a Wednesday this year. They would have needed housing until Saturday to participate in the Virginia Show. He is saying that if 4th of July was on a Friday, it would have been easier for the Corps financially. That's what I think after reading that. Feel free to correct me Eric if I am wrong :thumbup:

Anyways, here are the miles of the other shows that Thunder had scheduled:

Atlanta: 912 miles Round Trip

Frostproof: 142 miles Round Trip

Douglasville: 958 Round Trip

That's better than a 1800 mile Round Trip to Virginia I say. Plus, if I remember correctly, when we did both ATL shows last year, we left those Friday Night's and arrived that morning, rehearsed, competed, packed up/left, and were home early Sunday Morning. So, I think that will be a fund that is easily managed I say.

Smart to worry about finances ahead of time and not get in trouble financially when it's to late. Great move TBT!

• Like 1

4th of July was on a Wednesday this year. They would have needed housing until Saturday to participate in the Virginia Show. He is saying that if 4th of July was on a Friday, it would have been easier for the Corps financially. That's what I think after reading that. Feel free to correct me Eric if I am wrong :thumbup:

Anyways, here are the miles of the other shows that Thunder had scheduled:

Atlanta: 912 miles Round Trip

Frostproof: 142 miles Round Trip

Douglasville: 958 Round Trip

That's better than a 1800 mile Round Trip to Virginia I say. Plus, if I remember correctly, when we did both ATL shows last year, we left those Friday Night's and arrived that morning, rehearsed, competed, packed up/left, and were home early Sunday Morning. So, I think that will be a fund that is easily managed I say.

Sean is correct.

• Like 1

Just saw that first show isn't until August! WOW! Will this be a problem coming into the competition season so late? I hope not.

Ask Kidsgrove Scouts...as long as the corps is prepared and performs well, they'll be fine. Besides, just gives new recruits from Teal more time to learn the show!

• Like 2

Ask Kidsgrove Scouts...as long as the corps is prepared and performs well, they'll be fine. Besides, just gives new recruits from Teal more time to learn the show!

I'm curious to know how many people TBT picked up from Teal.

I'm curious to know how many people TBT picked up from Teal.

We've had a bunch of inquiries, unfortunately not many holes to fill. We're trying to make room for them though!

• Like 1