Marvelous Minneapolis

I really can't follow the Troopers show. It lacks melodic development which i think is it's most glaring weakness. Amps way too loud.

Loved Colts closer. Soloist did a nice job. Loved all of Crossmen! And Academy has a good program with an excellent intro.

I am still concerend that a lot of arrangers are more worried about effects and chords instead of creating the melodic content that leads to that big hit, that pushes the phrase and the thought forward.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. :D

Funny when back in those days everybody said they needed to stop doing the western shows every year because they were holding them back.

Not my point. The USMC D&BC plays a lot of varying repertoire. But would you once doubt for a second that those were Marines performing?

It's about an image, an identity to project. Troopers lost theirs. Would like to see them be brave enough to bring it back.

Ahh, Viv. We're gonna miss you.

• Like 1

Some tasty parts in the tenors and snares, a side benefit to the subdued opening.

Is it me or am I not hearing any tuba?

Pretty ridiculous that you can hear another drumline that clearly. It's as if they're warming up right at the starting gate.

When I was in Bloomington in 2008 watching 1/4's, the click blocks (or whoever you call them) from some guard warming up were louder than anything on the field. Maybe just a funny sound inversion deal, but it ticked me off and ruined the afternoon.

G-SHIELD!

First 30 seconds of Glassmen's show could be replaced by anything and be just as interesting a build.

It is probably going to take other corps relocating like Crossmen did. There are corps that are having trouble recruiting members that might look at the massive population increases in Texas and see a way to stability. Not to mention being able to work outside during winter camps. I hate the idea of poaching a corps from another area, but I think we may be watching a corps that could benefit from relocating to Texas.

Absolutely, but even Crossmen had troubles when they first showed up in Texas. The Bluecoats benefited greatly from doing winter camps in Texas starting in the early 2000s. I think it's safe to say that Bluecoats found a way around competing with all those midwest corps for members by recruiting and getting staff from Texas, and they wouldn't be where they are now without having made that move. Same could be said with Boston Crusaders and Florida. The corps that have been left behind are the ones that have failed to recruit at a national level. I won't name names.