Marvelous Minneapolis

I really like the pit intro to this piece, but I'm not getting the intensity of performance from the corps that I've gotten earlier in the season.

Not my point. The USMC D&BC plays a lot of varying repertoire. But would you once doubt for a second that those were Marines performing?

I'm not sure that's a fair comparison, and certainly not fair to the Commandant's Own. They don't compete, and really only have one job, which they do well. They've been fighting the same identity battle, but while FAR more bound to history and tradition than any other corps. Even if they wanted to change, they probably couldn't, at least not without taking many years to do it.

Is it me or am I not hearing any tuba?

Do they still have the Dynasty tubas or have they gotten the new Jupiters yet? They were supposed to have them by the beginning of July but I doubt it.

I like the musical build into the Mishima theme restatement. Get it clean and that will be a great musical moment.

First 30 seconds of Glassmen's show could be replaced by anything and be just as interesting a build.

I like the piece they chose for the opener, but I don't like the arrangement at all.

Do they still have the Dynasty tubas or have they gotten the new Jupiters yet? They were supposed to have them by the beginning of July but I doubt it.

Good question. I was wondering why they didn't get all the Jupiter horns at the same time. I remember seeing the pic of the euphs back in May.

Absolutely, but even Crossmen had troubles when they first showed up in Texas. The Bluecoats benefited greatly from doing winter camps in Texas starting in the early 2000s. I think it's safe to say that Bluecoats found a way around competing with all those midwest corps for members by recruiting and getting staff from Texas, and they wouldn't be where they are now without having made that move. Same could be said with Boston Crusaders and Florida. The corps that have been left behind are the ones that have failed to recruit at a national level. I won't name names.

So right.... one the the things that has bugged me about my fellow Texans is that if they can't win at something they don't want to participate at all. Which is why I think so many are willing to travel so far to be members in top level corps. Hopefully this can change with an improving Crossmen leading the way.

Do those panels make any noise when the members play them or are they purely for visual effect?