Marvelous Minneapolis

Good question. I was wondering why they didn't get all the Jupiter horns at the same time. I remember seeing the pic of the euphs back in May.

Glassmen have always been the runt of the litter when it comes to getting these things. Dynasty would take 2 years to replace the tubas. Jupiter can do better, but you can be sure that Phantom and Boston will get thier new horns first before Glassmen get them.

So right.... one the the things that has bugged me about my fellow Texans is that if they can't win at something they don't want to participate at all. Which is why I think so many are willing to travel so far to be members in top level corps. Hopefully this can change with an improving Crossmen leading the way.

I get that vibe from sports and other things, but not really from the marching arts? Or at least where I live I've never really gotten that from musicians.

Good growth on that chord to the release. Now, make it grow even more.

some things a battery shouldn't ever do part 1.... pretend they're in the guard ph34r.gif

I get that vibe from sports and other things, but not really from the marching arts? Or at least where I live I've never really gotten that from musicians.

DrumManTx, you hereby receive a 20 point DCP penalty for posting the term "marching arts" in any way other than sarcasm. Shame on you.

• Like 1

I don't get that vibe either, but what I do get from Texas band kids is "I'm not going to stay here and march div 3 or march a corps that didn't make finals when I know I can go to crown or phantom and get a spot there." Drum corps used to be about pride in your community. That has changed a lot.

Fist time I've heard crowd reaction at the end of the ballad.

Still don't like the organ synth at every major chord of the closer. Yes, we know it's the Organ Symphony, but you just sound like you're covering up the horn line because you think they can't play powerfully enough.

Whens the last time you saw open class? Kinda wierd how your so excited that they are entertaining.. good things are always happening in this division....

After all its the division of the future.

Whn's the last time you were entertained this much by two Open Class corps in a row? I mean *entertained* and *engaded* and not just appreciative. And I'm not discounting Blue Saints and Colt Cadets, just making an observation. Usually Open Class is reserved for esoteric concepts with music you couldn't care less about. Usually.

G-SHIELD #2!